Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm awaiting my first Glock and am interested in what people are hollowpoint ammunition people are finding loads reliably in a Glock 19.

I've heard Remington Gold Sabers are good. What about Sellier and Bellot?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Golden Sabers are good. That's what I've got loaded up in my G17.

Federal HST's are probably the most popular. Great performing round.

Pick up some 33rd fun sticks too, if you haven't already.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,257 Posts
Federal Tactical Bonded
Federal HST
Winchester Ranger T
Winchester Ranger Bonded
Remington Golden Saber Bonded
Speer Gold Dot

Regular Golden Saber is good, but the Bonded is better. Federal 9BP OR 9BPLE is also good.

A bunch of others are good, I listed the ones I carry.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I’m a huge fan of 124+P Speer Gold Dots for a duty/edc/hd role but as mentioned above there are many choices. I know it’s not cheap but you should get a sampling of each to see which one performs the best out of your pistol.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Remington Golden Saber Black Belt is what I have loaded in mine... the LGS had a very nice deal on it a couple of months ago. I still have a fair supply of HST in cackup. My usual carry is my G22, also packed with Golden Saber 165 gr. It's a local product here, they make it about 10 miles down the road. ;-)

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,921 Posts
If you have the opportunity to speak with your local PD or SO, ask them what duty ammo they carry and see if you can purchase the same brand ( some may be restricted and difficult to obtain)...but give that a try

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
I have 147 grain +P HST in my 9 mm. It is not a Glock.

• Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) such as loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115)
  • Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
  • Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
  • Winchester Ranger Bonded 124 gr +P JHP (RA9BA)
  • Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+ (RA9TA)
  • Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T)
  • Winchester Bonded 147gr JHP (RA9B/Q4364)
  • Speer Gold Dor 124gr JHP
  • Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P (53617)
  • Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)
  • Remington Golden Saber 124 gr +P JHP bonded (GSB9MMD)
  • Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)
  • Federal Tactical 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
  • Federal Tactical 135gr JHP +P (LE9T5)
  • Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)
  • Federal HST 124gr JHP +P (P9HST3)
You might notice that the list does NOT include any lightweight bullets with the exception of the Barnes 115gr version. The reason - especially if you've read the beginning of this article - should be clear already, but Doctor Roberts sums it up nicely as well: "With the exception of the Barnes 115 gr XPB all copper projectile, in general, most 9 mm 115 gr loads have demonstrated greater inconsistency, insufficient penetration, poor intermediate barrier capability, and failure to expand in denim testing than other 9mm bullets. For those individuals wanting to use lighter weight, supersonic 9 mm’s, I think a better alternative than the vast majority of 115 gr loads is to use the slightly heavier 124 to 127 gr bullets or the Barnes 115 gr all copper bullet"

https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/self_defense_ammo_FAQ/#mozTocId759557

·
Florist
20,132 Posts
Whichever brand of SD ammo you pick, run at least 200 rounds of them through your gun and magazines to ensure the ammo/gun functions reliably together.

Personally I prefer the 9mm+P 124gr Speer Gold Dots. All modern day premium SD ammo are pretty much GTG.

Reactions: Teecher45

·
M62/76
12,544 Posts
Whatever you can shoot well- seriously.

Lots of great Ammo recommendations in this thread. Honestly, practically any modern SD load will do what you need it to provided you do your part and make hits on your target.

I’m a Remington Golden Saber fan as I have them in my nightstand Glock 21.

·
Glock pistols designed by Gaston Glock , Austria
762 Posts
Sig Elite Performance V Crown 124gr JHP is accurate and runs great, easy to find at gun shops

·
Registered
597 Posts
Whichever brand of SD ammo you pick, run at least 200 rounds of them through your gun and magazines to ensure the ammo/gun functions reliably together...
^ ^ ^
THIS

Use whatever ammo your particular weapon has no issue with. If it malfunctions when you most need it, you lose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been using Sig v-crown 124 and 147. It's accurate, reliable and plentiful here.

·
Sneet
16,173 Posts
If you have the opportunity to speak with your local PD or SO, ask them what duty ammo they carry and see if you can purchase the same brand ( some may be restricted and difficult to obtain)...but give that a try
That's what I did. LVMPD uses Speer Gold Dots 124gr+P, so that's what I use.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Lots of good suggestions in this thread. I use bonded Golden Sabers, in part because all of the local LEOs carry them. That said, it wouldn't bother me to carry Gold Dots, HSTs, Winchester Rangers, etc.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts