Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
bene vivere
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recommend me a red dot sight for my 43X. I don’t have deep pockets but
I want something good and not over $200. I have a 43x MOS Slide available.
Thank you!
EP

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
For MRDS using the RMSc footprint, looks like your options include: (Prices are a mix of quick look up Amazon and some cursory web searches, so don’t quote me)
  • Shield SMS/SMSc/RMS/RMSc $449
  • Springfield Armory Hex Wasp $299
  • JP Enterprises JPoint $239
  • Swampfox Sentinel $210
  • Sig RomeoZero Elite $179
  • Sightmark Mini Shot Mini-Spec A3 $169.99
  • Sig RomeoZero $128.99
  • Bushnell RXS-100 $89.99
  • Vector Optics Frenzy 1x17x24 $89
Cutting off at $200 leaves:

Sig RomeoZero Elite
Sightmark Mini Shot Mini-Spec A3
Sig RomeoZero
Bushnell RXS-100
Vector Optics Frenzy 1x17x24 $89

On the Bushnell and Vector, I dunno if I’d buy an optic below $100, that’s just me. I have no familiarity with them. On the Sigs, the R0 is the original low price-point Zero. Awkward single button intensity adjustment, forward, interior to the body. Optic has to be unmounted to replace battery. No IP rating. No tactile or audible adjustments on windage or elevation screws over 120MOA. Plastic body and lens.

The Romeo Zero Elite adds a switchable reticle option, a glass lens, and is now made in the USA. And a shroud. Otherwise it retains all the other R0 features. I'm personally not a fan of the bright Tritium rear ‘sight’; why they thought that was a good idea to put that on an optic is a mystery to me. The Elite is a good upgrade for the Romeo Zero, and more what they should have had in the first place.

That leaves the Sightmark A3, within budget.

Mini Shot A-Spec M3 Micro Reflex Sight

I wasn’t aware of this optic. IP55 is not fantastic, so it is not exactly dust and water resistant (e.g. HS507k is IP67. Ingress Protection standard relates to dust (first number, on a 1-7 scale, 6="dust protected") / water intrusion (second number, 1-7 scale, 7="protection from immersion in water from 1cm to 1m, for 30 minutes") Bottom loading battery is awkward. Auto-only brightness “can” work, but I’ve found I leave mine in manual only, pretty much all the time. The aluminum body is good. Lens material isn’t stated, at this price point I’d guess it was plastic.

Eh, I dunno, tough call. Despite it’s shortcomings, with a hard limit of $200, I’d probably opt for a Sig Romeo Zero Elite. Or toss in a sawbuck and get a Swampfox Sentinel.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I have both the Swampfox Sentinel and Sig Romeo Zero. I can say that there is a night and day difference between the two. I definitely prefer the Sentinel over the Romeo Zero.

And as mentioned, Swampfox has an excellent MIL/LEO discount program for those who qualify for it. If you qualify and buy directly from Swampfox, the Sentinel with auto-brightness is $175 and the manual adjust version is $160 with discount. I own both versions of the Sentinel and definitely prefer the manual brightened adjustment version.

Plus you will not need any type of adaptor plate with either brand.

·
bene vivere
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gents,
Thank you all for your very helpful information!
EP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts