Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I need a IWB holster for my duty gun, a Glock 22 with a Streamlight TLR-1 light attached. I was thinking I'd prefer kydex. Any suggestions?

Before my Department hung a light on the end of my pistol I used a Blade-Tech IWB and was very pleased with it. I checked the Blade-Tech website and it looks like they only make holsters for use with the Surefire brand weapon light.

Thanks...

-Tim

·
NRA MEMBER
374 Posts
Go to Comp-Tac's website and look at the C-Tac holsters. I have one for my G19 with TLR-1. I'm sure they make one for the G22.

·
Registered
583 Posts
IWB G22 w/TLR-1 attatched..........sounds mildly painful for all day carry

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: I ordered two Phantom holsters from Raven Concealment, one for the G22 with Streamlight TLR-1 attached, and one for the G19/G23 without the light. The next day I got an e-mail saying they were about 30 days backlogged on orders. I'll post again with my impressions once I get the holsters.

Thanks again for the replies...

-Tim

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Just carried my G22 with TLR-1 all day yesterday IWB and I will be carrying it that way everyday for the rest of my life. The Raven holster is unreal. Conceals like a dream and is super comfortable. I am extremely impressed.

·
Headed to WA
689 Posts
IWB G22 w/TLR-1 attatched..........sounds mildly painful for all day carry
While I was on vacation earlier this year, I carried my G23 w/M3 light attached in a Blade-Tech IWB for 11 days. On day number 8 it started to feel irritating on my waist. I switched to my fanny pack for a bit for some relief, but switched back later on that day. I finished out my trip with it still on me. Would I wear it for that long again? No.

Tim, contact Blade-Tech and ask for their tech guys. Inquire if they can make their IWB for your gun with the TLR-1 attached.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I liked the Raven Concealment Systems design so much that I ordered two holsters, one for the G22 w/TLR-1 and one for a G19/23 without the light.

There was a mix-up in my order and I had to send one of the holsters back. The turnaround on the replacement was only a week, and they sent a little Streamlight keychain flashlight as a freebie when they shipped it.

I'm pleased with the holsters and the service, and would do business with them again.

-Tim

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
After hearing all the hype about the comfort of the Raven Phantom, I ordered one and waited 2 or 3 months for it to arrive (G-19/TLR-1).

All in all, I'm very unimpressed. It isn't very comfortable and it doesn't have that positive click like my Blade-Tech did (without the light). I think I'd much prefer a BT for my combo, but their CS Rep said their tech guys won't make one for it.

AYFKM?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts