Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

10mm Philosopher
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, this is a holster question, but it's specifically a 1911 holster question, so I thought I ask for help here from the 1911 guys who've been down this road ...

EDC is a Colt Defender/New Agent, or similar 3" 1911 model.

Can anyone recommend an IWB or AIWB holster - leather or kydex - specifically for appendix-area carry or positioned slightly center-left (for a right-hander)? ... I'm looking for one: (a) that doesn't print, (b) that holds the gun firmly but doesn't inhibit a quick draw-stroke, (c) with no retention strap (don't want one), and (d) that wears comfortably while running errands, while driving (getting in/out of a vehicle), etc.

This would be for 'summer carry,' in t-shirt & shorts weather. I have other holsters for the cooler seasons/winter.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations. :cool:

Premium Member
Good luck on your quest. Finding the right holster is harder than finding the right pistol. Body shapes make what works for one, not for for another. As someone who鈥檚 been up and down the weight scale, I鈥檝e had holsters that worked well, then didn鈥檛.

AIWB holsters I鈥檓 currently using are INCOG Eclipse, JM Custom, and Tenicore.

Super Moderator
Kramer horsehide for my 1911s. I have not worn or tried their AIWB, but that is what I would get if I wanted to appendix carry my 3" 1911.

Registered
Chris Baker of Lucky Gunner has a few videos on appendix carry on YouTube. Lots of good info.

I tried it way back in the day because a few narcs did it. Seated was not comfortable for me. Or at least getting in and out of the car. Perfectly fine walking around. Printing is more about the cover clothing. A form fitting t-shirt is going to be a lot harder than a heavy flannel shirt.

Registered
I like the Hybrid holsters, Kydex and horsehide, worn IWB in about the 3:30 position. i am not a fan of AIWB, I know it is tactically superior but it is uncomfortable for me. i wear this in AZ where it is always summer. I wear this, with shorts, "wife beater type t-shirt tucked in, then a t-shirt or polo untucked over that.
ADCC5910-04BD-4014-A3C0-CB600E69020F.jpeg

Registered
AIWB is great as long as you practice drawing with the weapon or weapons you might carry.For my 1911 I like Vedder holsters.

10mm Philosopher
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Registered
Personally I like leather for my 1911s. I don鈥檛 care about wear on any of my guns except my 1911s. I have a ttgunleather iwb. Check them out. They have several different designs and they are very well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
check out Hidden Hybrid Holsters. Ohio company. I have one for my CZ75 P-01. The carbon fiber kydex is extra swanky. They offer a tab that swings the hilt of the pistol into your muffin top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts