Recommend a Kid Friendly, All-Inclusive Resort

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JMFWSU, Jan 21, 2010.

1. JMFWSU

JMFWSU

Hi,

My wife and I would like to try an all-inclusive resort. Our kids are 4 and 6. We are leaning toward Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spas. If you have any feedback on this resort or could recommend another, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. CarbineKid

CarbineKid

I'm sure this is an obvious one, but Disney has some great resorts. They are both kid frinedly and theres also alot for the adults. I have stayed in jsut about all of the ones in Florida, and theres something for every price range. The last time I went I got really lucky and found myself staying in a grand villa at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa for the price of the All Star resort($82 a night).

3. JMFWSU

JMFWSU

CarbineKid,

Sounds great, but we are looking for one on a warm beach with all meals and accomodations included in the price. I think the majority of them are in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean.

Jason

4. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

You could do a longer Disney Cruise...

5. moncoacp

moncoacp

The Bunny Ranch. They gotta learn sometime.

6. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

Club Med Sandpiper in Florida is a blast. They have a circus theme, and the kids get to go up on a trapeeze. (I tried, chickened out)

7. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

My wife and I stayed in Jamaica with our at the time 1.5 year old. I think the place was called FDR Peebles. It was all inclusive and included a nanny for the day, 9-5 included in the price. It was an ok resort, nothing fantastic but we had a good time. We had a nanny who was really good with our daughter. Others complained about their nannies. Jamaica was ok, probably won't go back though. We have been to better islands but you can't beat the price for being all inclusive and having the nanny included.

8. yerscattergun

yerscattergun

I hear their are some great specials in Haiti nowadays...

9. KYJoe

KYJoe

Nothing is more hilarious than thousands of deaths and mass graves.

10. Hedo1

Hedo1

Dreams Riviera is an excellent resort for children. You could also look at Moon Palace in Cancun. They have nice programs for children. My favorite in Mexico is probably Azul Sensatori, also on the Riviera Maya. Complete program for kids including beach activities and a water park and playground, all supervised. Also plenty to do for mom and dad. Dreams is also having an excellent sale right now.

In Jamaica FDR is a fine family resort. A little more updscale would be Half Moon, near Montego Bay. I'd also look at the new Iberostar Grand. It's an absolutely stunning hotel, brand new, great people and loads to do for the kids...and parents.

E mail me for more specific questions if you'd like. I own a discount travel agency that specializes in all inclusive resorts. Been doing it for years.

11. Littlescroll

Littlescroll NRA Member

I keep seeing those commercials for Atlantis and it looks pretty amazing! I have no idea how good it actually is.

12. Hedo1

Hedo1

Atlantis isn't all inclusive. The meals and drinks for a family will cost more than the cost of the trip. The per drink and per meal prices were very high.

The resort though is great. Nice rooms and a lot of unique stuff to see on the property.

13. SFCSMITH(RET)

SFCSMITH(RET)

We have never done an all inclusive resort, but we have cruised.. and they are pretty much all inclusive, and there was tons of stuff for kids of all ages, we don't have kids of our own but our niece has been on several now with us and my parents, and she enjoys them, she was 8 or so for her first one.

The Disney people have it down to a science, I might look at one of the longer cruises, we have not done a Disney cruise, but have stayed at their other properties around the world, and have always had a good time.