GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I need to pick up a carry holster for my Beretta 92 Compact. Holsters for the standard size 92 will work, but there’s 3/4 at the bottom that is extra material. The compact isn’t exactly a common carry piece so it’s a bit harder to find a decent carry rig for it.

I’d like to try both an IWB and OWB cause I don’t know which one I’d prefer with this pistol. I’m thinking that it would be better to work out which style I want with less expensive holsters before spending money on a holster I don’t know that I’ll really like.

Can you recommend a decent Kydex holster in either style that I should try?

thanks.

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Best of luck to you. I searched and searched for a 92 compact holster a few years ago. Not a single one claiming to fit was actually cut for the compact. Of course, it will drop into a holster made for the full size 92, but that’s not a proper fit for my purposes.

I wish you luck, but I think finding a custom maker and ordering it specifically for the compact is your best bet.

I was searching for a leather holster. Kydex maybe an easier find. The 92 compact is a really cool gun, it just wasn’t a big seller in the US.

·
Florist
19,918 Posts
For IWB, nobody will see the extra 3/4-inch.

For OWB holster, the compact's butt is not so short that it will look dis-proportioned (think G19/17 vs G26). Yes, might have to go custom ordered.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,088 Posts
Hey all.

I need to pick up a carry holster for my Beretta 92 Compact. Holsters for the standard size 92 will work, but there’s 3/4 at the bottom that is extra material. The compact isn’t exactly a common carry piece so it’s a bit harder to find a decent carry rig for it.

I’d like to try both an IWB and OWB cause I don’t know which one I’d prefer with this pistol. I’m thinking that it would be better to work out which style I want with less expensive holsters before spending money on a holster I don’t know that I’ll really like.

Can you recommend a decent Kydex holster in either style that I should try?

thanks.
Check out the JM Custom Kydex and Vedder offerings for your IWB needs.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Reactions: El Pistolero

·
bene vivere
1,888 Posts
Here is my Beretta 92FS M9A1Compact in a JM Custom Kydex OWB (Southpaw) holster. Great fit and easy draw.
1961D8D7-F7C3-401A-A1C2-E76D3DE95B88.jpeg

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,794 Posts
For kydex IWB, look to Vedder.

For leather OWB, Kramer is spendy but worth every Penny.

My autos are carried IWB in Vedder holsters. When it cools off and I can wear a jacket or a coat, a Kramer scabbard holster carries my GP100.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts