Recoil

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jwizzl497, Jan 26, 2010.

1. jwizzl497

jwizzl497

Hickock is the man and I thought this was a very intelligent way of displaying recoil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxT53-Ukig

If you look closely using the target as a grid, the 9mm seems to rise just as much as the 40sw. 9mm starts @ 3:40and The single fire rises to between the 3rd/4th ring, rapid fire 2 ring. the 40sw, @ 4:43 single rises just about the same maybe a hair higher on average into the 3rd/4th ring and rapid fire seems to be in the 2 ring as well. Maybe a hair more push back but I must say to me there doesnt seem to be that much of a difference and the 40sw seemed extremely controllable The sound of the 40 is louder but as far as muzzle rise, there doesnt seem to be a significant difference. I would call the 2 very very close. No we don't know what Hickock felt but you always hear ohh the 40 is snappy, well to me it doesnt look like it in this video, I think there is slight increase in recoil from the 40, but nothing dramatic at all.

What do you guys think??

2. SIUC4

SIUC4 Glockness

Have you shot a Glock in both the 9mm and 40SW? It is mostly different from shooter to shooter, the video seems to show that they are close, but if you shoot them both you can tell that there is a diffrence, some will say its miniscule some will say its a big diffrence. IMO the diffrence is greater than smaller

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Recoil, in the end, is definitely subjective. If I recall correctly Hickock has some big paws.

Remove the subjective part (shooter) and there is a significant mathematical difference in actual recoil from an average .40 load and an average 9mm load when fired from the same size Glock.

I have owned a G19 and a G23 and shot them side by side. Constant re-gripping was necessary for me when shooting the G23, but not with the G19 or even a G26. The only difference between the 19 and 23 was the recoil. I believe that between the extra weight, and better grip on the Gen4 G22, I will have found my perfect .40cal Glock.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Recoil is subjective, and it's also managed better by people who shoot an awful lot, and a wide spectrum of loads (.44 mag > 22lr).

'Drew

5. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

My .40s recoil quite a bit less than my 9s (but that's how I load them. :) )

6. mountainboy04

mountainboy04

I haven't seen hickok45 on the GT forums for a while....i wonder where he is lurking at....

7. jwizzl497

jwizzl497

Do you think there is a big difference in Recoil between a 9mm+ or +P+ as compared to a 40 of similiar brand and weight??

8. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Recoil is definitely subjective. Hickock worded it perfect is the first few sentences of the video. If you shoot a majority of .22 ammo, the 9 will feel hard kicking. If you regularly shoot a Ruger Alaskan in 454, all Glocks will feel like shooting a cap gun!:supergrin: