Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son gave me a used but nice 23C in 40S&W. I'd like to put a stainless recoil guide rod in it. What weight spring comes stock in it? Does the " C " require a special spring?
I just joined and am looking foreward to chatting with like minded shooters!

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I believe it comes with an 18lb RSA.

You can go to Wolff Gunsprings and get a stainless guide rod and "calibration pak" that comes with an assortment of spring weights. That way, if you want to shoot softer target style ammo, you can put in a softer spring and still get reliable cycling. For the premium SD style loads, maybe go back to something closer 18lbs.

The ports on the G23C will result in reduced velocity (as compared to a non-ported G23), so going stiffer in springs likely will result in FTF's at some point.

Good luck, welcome to GT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it comes with an 18lb RSA.

You can go to Wolff Gunsprings and get a stainless guide rod and "calibration pak" that comes with an assortment of spring weights. That way, if you want to shoot softer target style ammo, you can put in a softer spring and still get reliable cycling. For the premium SD style loads, maybe go back to something closer 18lbs.

The ports on the G23C will result in reduced velocity (as compared to a non-ported G23), so going stiffer in springs likely will result in FTF's at some point.

Good luck, welcome to GT.
Thanks, I don't want to screw something up.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Thanks, I don't want to screw something up.
You won't, it is very straight forward. You can start with 18lb and likely will be very close. If you get some FTE's, go down to like 15.

Or, just go to a place like Brownell's, or Midway and buy the stock replacement RSA.

Glocks are pretty simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts