Recoil Spring Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deserteagle007, May 1, 2012.

1. Deserteagle007

Deserteagle007

I've noticed on my Gen 3 G22 and G27, and my buddy's Gen 3 G19, that when you take apart the gun, the recoil spring is no longer seated all the way down on its spot on the underside of the barrel.

When I clean my guns and put them back together, I make sure the end of the recoil spring assembly is pushed all the way down into the spot where it rests on the underside of the barrel. But when I shoot or cock the gun a few times and then take it apart, the RSA is only barely seated which makes me wonder if it gradually loses its seating the more the slide goes back and forth.

The guns shoot just fine but Im wondering if it is normal.

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Regarding the guide rod position, the half-moon slot is used only to position the guide rod properly for reassembly of the slide on the receiver. Once assembled, the rear end of the guide rod drops down out of the half-moon slot into a channel on the receiver and doesn't touch the barrel at all during normal operation.

When the slide is removed, the barrel lug again catches the rear end of the guide rod and pulls it out of the receiver channel, but typically the guide rod does not fully seat in the half-moon slot as it comes out. There is nothing to be concerned about. What you have observed upon removing the slide is completely normal.

The excellent photographs below, taken by GT member Phantom465, show the guide rod in the proper position for reassembling the slide on the receiver and the normal position of the guide rod after the slide is removed:

Proper Position of Guide Rod for Reassembly of Slide on Receiver:
    [​IMG]

Normal Position of Guide Rod After Slide is Removed:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2012

3. Deserteagle007

Deserteagle007

Thanks for the information! Answered my question!

4. SCC

SCC just me

When you lock the slide back if you grab the barrel you will see the the RSA is down in the frame and not on the barrel any more ...