close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

recoil spring question (non Glock)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by allglock, May 7, 2002.

1. allglock

allglock Guest

I have a Kel-Tec sub 2000. It will eat up 115 gr. bullets flawlessly, but 124 gr.(nato) bullets give me occasional, failure to EJECT (not extract) The bolt comes back and crushes the non ejected empty shell. Is this a recoil spring problem??? Do I need a heavier recoil spring for the 124 gr. ammo??? Any help would be appreciated.:)

2. Travis22

Travis22

Hi Allglock.

now this is what i have learnt from my experience playing around with different reduced springs and reduced loads in my gf's glock g22.

When i got down to some really lite loads and a 12pound spring somehow i think i must have got the magic load that was inbetween not ejecting and ejecting. The cases actually were shooting out forward :)

straight over the barrel and about 3 feet in front of me. I couldnt believe it... the felt recoil was something out of this world... ive never felt anything like it.

anyways when i tried out the same loads with a 14pound spring, i got pritty much where your at. They would either not cycle at all or they would fail to eject and would jam- almost stovepiping, but the case would not be upright, it would be caught in the slide, near the top facing the same direction as if it was in the chamber.

I would suggest that you either up the velocity of the 124grainers are going at, or reduce the weight of your recoil spring. Your loads with the 124g progie are do not always have enough blowback to always cycle the slide, and thus sometimes your getting the jamming.

Travis.