close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recoil spring guide orientation...

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by silversport, Mar 20, 2010.

1. silversport

silversport

Hello,

I just received my new to me but preowned Browning Hi Power...I also picked up Stephen Camp's excellent "The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power" but I still have a question I can't for sure find the answer to:

Open end or closed end on the recoil spring guide???

Mine came with the open end of the recoil spring attached to the spring guide but when removing the slide, I noticed there was just a bit of binding and knew this (the binding) was not right...

Upon re assembling, I placed the closed end closest to the recoil spring guide (this end is also a tighter fit to the guide plug) and the open end towards the front of the slide...

The recoil spring and guide appear to have no binding and are perfectly straight...slide went on no worries...SO

tight closed end onto guide plug and open end towards the front of the slide (as I have it now) or the other way 'round (as was when I received it)?

Thanks...hopefully I'm not over thinking this but it seems to matter with 1911s (of which I am more familiar)...

Bill

2. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Amerikaner

The "tighter" end goes on the recoil guide rod and yes you sort of have to "screw" it on there..............lightly lube the rod

3. silversport

silversport

got it...thanks...!
    Bill