close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recoil of Gen4 and Gen3 glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by KaosV, Feb 13, 2010.

1. KaosV

KaosV

With the introduction of the double recoil spring in the new Gen4 glocks, I was wondering if it reduces the recoil.

So for you guys that own/shot a Gen4 glock and a Gen3 glock in the same caliber. Have you guys noticed any difference in recoil?

2. JBP55

JBP55

The G4 G17 is smooth but has slightly more felt recoil than my G3 G17 with 15# ISMI springs. I normally install a SS guide rod and a 15# ISMI spring before I shoot them.

3. hhiglockcop

hhiglockcop

The G22 gen4 has about half the felt recoil compaired to the gen3...IMO. THe gen 4 makes for quicker follow up shots.

4. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I shot my new Gen4 back to back to back with my RTF-2, over and over 200 rounds of everything from full house carry loads, to low powered IDPA pip squeek rounds. Two handed, strong handed and weak handed only, using two holsters so I could quickly switch back and forth, and could not detect the slightest difference between the two :rofl:

I'm not trying to make fun of hhiglockcop or say he is wrong, it's just that "felt" recoil is a really subjective issue. Some people tell me that they can't tell the difference between a 40 and 9mm, and I find that hard to believe as well, but it is what it is. :dunno:

5. JBP55

JBP55

Half the felt recoil, then your G4 G22 less less felt recoil than my G4 G17.

6. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I'm not sure, but be careful not to install a compensator on any Gen IV model, as it may actually reduce recoil to the point it launches the pistol towards the target when firing.

7. LV_G26

LV_G26

Totally subjective question and answers...but I shot my Gen 4 G22 and Gen 3 G22 back to back, over and over. I could not feel any difference, whatsoever, in recoil. Just my guns, in my hands.