Recoil buffer ...yes or no ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dave Davis, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Dave Davis

Dave Davis

I was looking at the Glock Store book and I saw recoil buffers for $ 9.99. Have anyone used them ? Do they work ? I have a 19 I am not sure to get one or not. Thanks for any help

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

No.....waste of money. The whole Glock frame is a recoil buffer.

3. Dave Davis

Dave Davis

Thanks for a fast answer... I see you have alot of posts and know much..I have a few posts and know nothing...You just saved me a few bucks.. Thanks

4. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

x2....:wavey:

5. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

Dave, you now have 9 posts and know recoil buffers are a rip-off.

Welcome!

6. Captainns10

Captainns10

:thumbsup:

7. Aces and 8s

Aces and 8s Dead Mans Hand

Agreed, thought it is only 10 bucks, it seems like waste. no personal experience but from what I have seen in reviews they crack really fast and people say they didnt even notice a reduction in recoil. Also I have heard it can cause the gun to jam since the slide wont go all the way forward. Dont quote me on that last one though.

8. W4CNG

W4CNG

I have a Haart's Recoil Guide Rod in my G21 and it works great. BB's in a chamber loaded with Mercury from the early 1990's. Reduces felt recoil like the old bumper slide things in NASCAR across the back of the car, just like the left to the right. Don't ask don't tell. Recoil buffers break down, this thing does not!

9. voyager4520

voyager4520

When I got my first Glock I bought a recoil buffer. I found that it limits slide travel causing malfunctions and gets chewed up in about 300 rounds.

10. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

I have one in my G21, still like new with over 2k rounds through it... but to be honest I couldn't tell ANY difference in recoil, I just got it to reduce battering in a G22 and then sold the gun so I needed a place to stick it...

If it dries out it will crack up (or so I'm told) but I use that Poly-Dunkit (spelled it wrong) on all my guns and it has stayed just fine...

11. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

I could never tell the difference in felt recoil, so there is no upside, only potential problems.

12. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

Buffers are a waste. I do however, in my glocks, buy a wolff steel recoil rod and play with spring weights until I have the heaviest recoil spring that will still function 100% with plinking ammo. It always seems to make the gun faster shooting for me personally as I get back on target a lot faster. But that's just what works for me. I think I'm running a 19lb spring in my Glock 34, 20lb in my glock 21, 22lb in my Glock 32, and a 21lb in my glock 36. All with steel non captured recoil rods.

13. DEERO

DEERO

i just bought one and every three shots or so i get a FTL(failure to load). tried to adjust recoil spring weights and no change. the buffer causes the slide to stick in the open position but not locked. i have a G-23;G-17;G-34;G-28;and G-20C. tried it on all of them and had the same problem. don't waist your money it'll just get you killed.