close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

recoil between the miniglocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by waktasz, Feb 21, 2003.

1. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

How does the g30 compare to the 26 and its 10mm counterpart (g27 i think) in recoil, accuracy, overall performance. I won't be able to shoot a 30 or 27 unless I buy it first (not available for rent where I am) and I'm just looking for a little insite.

Thanks

Matt

2. .45Kevin

.45Kevin Weapons Trainer

Having owned both the 26 & 30, its my opinion that...
    26 - 9mm - lite recoil but easier to handle with aftermarket pinky
    extension.

27 - .40 - somewhat "snappy", not as easy to shoot as the 26.

29 - 10mm - pretty strong recoil with the full power loads, not my
    first choice of compacts.

30 - .45 - the best of the bunch! 10 + 1 of the proven .45 is a
    whole lot of firepower in that little package. The 10
    rd. mags come factory with a pinky extension making the
    soft "push" recoil of the .45 very comfortable. Plus the
    wider frame distibutes the recoil better making it more
    friendly than the slim frame 36. To sum it up...the 30
    provides the ultimate self defense pistol. Hard to beat 10
    + 1 of .45 in that little package. Did I mention that my
    30 shoots 3 inch ragged holes by hand at 25 yards...;f

33 - .357sig - if I wanted a +P+ 9mm I would of kept my 26!!!;f

3. jmoln

jmoln

Ditto on .45kevin's remarks - I own a 26 and find it easy to handle but "snappy" is a good word to describe the felt recoil. I've only rented a 30 at my local range and all I can say is "WOW". Prior to that my only experience with 45ACP has been an old 1911 with hardball and reloaded wadcutters. In comparison the 30 is soft - it just pushes, no snap or hard punch. And accuracy, at my practice distance of 7 yds my 30 group is half the size of my 26 group. Obviously I need more practice with the 26 but having said all that a 30 is high on my list of "next gun to buy". I'm trying to sell a Walther P99 right now and will replace it with either a G19 or G30.

Good luck on your decision - any friends at the range from whom you can borrow?

4. LewisQ

LewisQ 357SIG/10mm

33 - .357sig - if I wanted a +P+ 9mm I would of kept my 26!!!

You wish it's ballistics were even close...

5. DAVE RICHARDS

DAVE RICHARDS

I have a 27 and a 30. Have shot lots of 26's. The 26 has the least recoil. 9mm is just an easy cartridge to shoot. 27 is as mentioned "snappy". The 30 has more of a "roll" to it than a "snap". 30 is one of the most accurate guns made period. With practice the 27 is also very accurate. The "baby Glocks' are all famous for their accuracy. For general carry I use my G-30.
    When the weather is hotter it's over to my 27. With the standard mag the 27 can be carried easily in a coat pocket. If I have to go into a bad area I wear my G-30 on my hip in am IWB holster, and my 27 in my pocket. Couldn't be better armed. I guess what I'm getting at is that you are well armed with either. The G-30 recoil is easier to handle and is very accurate. It is also about the same size as a G-19 or 23. The little 27 can go almost anywhere, is accurate, but you know your shooting something. Load selection also greatly affects this. Figure what the gun will be used for and which one fits the bill best. You really can't lose with either.

6. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Yeah I agree with all of you here. I have the G21, 27, and 30. I carry the 30 and 27 all the time. The 30's recoil is more of a push or a heavy thud back into the palm. The 27 is a snappy crack that is sharp and quick. Love em both. If I'm going where there's trouble I may carry both but if I go with one the 30's it! Eddie C.;f

7. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Oh yeah, I have the Pearce grip extensions on both. I have very large hands and need every bit of it. My hand just about fits the 21(lol). Eddie;f

8. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

I have the 27 and 29. I think the 27 is a little more severe then the 29, due to the size difference. Both are managable with some practice and the right loads. I just started using 165 grain Fed Hyro shoks in the 27 and it makes all the difference in the world to me. In hindsight I think I would have been happier with the 26 versus the 27 in that size format.

9. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Forgot to mention, you can load the 29 down to .45 levels if you reload. And I think there are some mild commercial loads out there to.

10. GMan30

GMan30

Ditto to Kevin and Eddie C comments.

11. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Personally, i find the G27 very pleasant to shoot with anything i put through it. I have big hands, but still find it easy to manage, and keep in good follow up position. I am used to large magnums, so perhaps this is why it does not seem to bother me, but i have never felt that any of the glocks were hard to shoot. I believe the recoil thing is different for ever body. Some folks are shy of even 9mm, some can handle 454 casull with no problem. I think it is the same with long guns as well. I have seen some pretty big guys shy away from 30/06, or 7mm mag, yet i have a real small skinny brother, who is not bothered by much at all. Recoil is a very fickle thing to judge...."sometimes." :) Depends on what your idea of recoil/pain level is. I think sometimes, in some people i have guided on hunts, or just trained to shoot, they are scared stiff before they even pull the trigger, and even a small caliber can tend to bother them.

CanyonMan