Glock Talk banner

Recent Pickups...

666 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  ca survivor
Saw this one at Ali-Babba's House O Guns a couple of weeks ago. I'd owned a FEG Hi-Power before, but a period of "economic downturn" caused it to go on down the road. This one will replace it.

FM Hi-Power. 9mm, made in Argentina. Nice finish. Came with two magazines, a 13 rounder and a ten round "mouse trap" spring loaded mag that kicks itself out in spite of the magazine disconnect. I have put 50 rounds through it and it functioned perfectly.

Normally, I'm not a semi-auto guy. I tell people I'm too lazy to chase the brass. Well, I just lost that excuse. At the new range I go to, they not only sweep up my brass and give it back, they will sweep up and give me other peoples brass they don't want. Last time I went I came home with two-hundred pieces of brass more than I fired. Between this and my wife's G-17, I guess I'm back in the 9mm business.

Then I saw this one a week or so ago on a local "gun for sale" board. I thought it was nice, and the price was in line with what I would have expected to see at Ali-Babba's. I had just sold one Model 15 that had a pretty rough finish, and had another one, so I wasn't really hot for it. I figured it would be gone in a day or two.

But it just stayed there. The seller lowered the price...then lowered it again. At this price it's looking a lot better. I AM a sucker for a Model 15 and this one had a target hammer and trigger, trigger stop, and most importantly those nice diamond target stocks. If it had been wearing Magna's, I think it would have just been another Model 15.

I guess there are worse things to have than another Model 15. (It's a -2...1966 I'm told)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea...Yea... Rub it in. :D

Forgot to mention. I took the 15 to the range the next day and put 100 rounds through it. Made one adjustment to the sights and started shooting the X ring out of a B-27 at 21 feet, so I moved the target back to 25 yards. Now this is something new for me. The range I used to go to only had a 21 foot pistol range. Man that B-27 was TINY at 25 yards. I was able to hit it in 8-9 ring, but man those sights were fuzzy at that distance. When did Smith & Wesson start putting fuzz on their sights? ;)

· Registered
2,061 Posts
Nice guns CB, congrats. A new gun does the soul good. Two is nirvana.

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Congrats on both counts- two very nice pieces! I've always thought the Argentine HPs were high quality (and what isn't higher quality than a vintage S&W?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.