close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Received an SKS that doesn't fit into it's folding stock

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by emt1581, Mar 11, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I already contacted the seller/company but I received an SKS today that I think the seller dropped the action/upper into a folding stock. Well the stock isn't grabbing on to the gun and when you turn it upside down that gun basically falls out of the stock.

I'm guessing if I shoot it, it'd nail me or someone else in the face. Do these stocks not work on certain SKS's (It's a Yugo) or is there a screw that needs to be put in place to hold everything together?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

2. sputnik767

sputnik767

The action is attached to the stock by the trigger group. If everything is properly assembled, there is something wrong with the stock. I had a Tapco stock on mine at one point, and it was fine.

3. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

dam you have the worst luck ..

not really familar with the sks,

but generally rifles have screws / bolts / etc to hold them down / into the stock ..and some utilize bands also ..

look for threaded parts on the receiver of the gun, that will generally tell if they frogot to put something in

4. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Any clue where I can find instructions on how to propperly attach this stock?

It looks like the guy just took the action, pushed the mag/trigger into the stock and that was it.

I've never had one of these so I'm not sure how they are installed.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

5. sputnik767

sputnik767

That's pretty much all it is. My SKS is at my dad's house, but from what I remember, you simply drop the action into the stock, and clamp it with the trigger group. If you want to take it apart, take a bullet and push the point of it into the little bullet button at the back of the trigger housing. remove the trigger group, magazine, and separate the action from the stock. There are no screws involved.

This website has some instructions: http://will.mylanders.com/shot/sks/ and there are plenty of youtube vids as well.

6. my762buzz

my762buzz

Is the receiver tip locked into the rear trigger group hole where the arrow points at?

[​IMG]

7. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I found the problem. The barrel band that holds the stock in place is missing the small pin to hold the band itself in place.

So if the seller sends me one, we should be good.

Thanks for the info/replies!

-Emt1581