Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tactically Epic
13,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a g45. Has the plastic dovetail fillers. My preference is black rear, a fiber optic or tritium/fiber optic front. Also, supressor height. I have the MOS and want the ability to cowitness a dot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also, is mos cut different than standard gen 5? I know my cz optic ready uses a proprietary setup.
The MOS rear sight notch is positioned more rearward on the slide to make room for the MOS cutout. This just means that some sights (like traditional Ameriglos) will hang off the back of the slide due to their length.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
2,350 Posts
Sights are a personal decision. Personally, I like and have Trijicon HD XR’s with the yellow front sight.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Got a g45. Has the plastic dovetail fillers. My preference is black rear, a fiber optic or tritium/fiber optic front. Also, supressor height. I have the MOS and want the ability to cowitness a dot.
Why not all black sights including the front sight if your going to run a red dot? Just seems like if you use a front sight that is red or yellow couldn't that work against you when your are quickly trying to aim and pick up the actual red dot from a rmr.

You could have multiple front sights on hand they are so easy to change as long as you start out with a rear sight that will work with multiple front sights, I believe that blacked out Ameriglo pictured above will work with multiple front sights that Ameriglo makes.

·
Tactically Epic
13,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why not all black sights including the front sight if your going to run a red dot? Just seems like if you use a front sight that is red or yellow couldn't that work against you when your are quickly trying to aim and pick up the actual red dot from a rmr.

You could have multiple front sights on hand they are so easy to change as long as you start out with a rear sight that will work with multiple front sights, I believe that blacked out Ameriglo pictured above will work with multiple front sights that Ameriglo makes.
all black is an option, on a side note, with target focused shooting i dont notice my sights unless i search for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts