close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

reccomend a compact binocular<$150

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Benzboy, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Benzboy

Benzboy

My future Father in law has his 60th B-day party this next weekend. He is a farmer and would like a good, compact pair of binoculars for spotting in the field. I dont know what to get him. please could you advise of your choice at $150 or less and why ?? Thank you Kindly, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and GOOOOO TROOOOOPS!!!!;)

2. Glock27Girl

Glock27Girl Glock 23 Owner

A long time ago I went into a local Ritz camera store and tried out binoculars that were about $100 - ended up with Nikon for about that price. They were compact and did the job. Do you have a store you can go in and try some binoculars at? I really think that's the easiest way to go, if that's a possibility for you. They usually have binoculars at camera stores, birding stores, outdoor-type stores like Academy and Dick's, etc.

3. General Sherman

General Sherman

I too have some compact Nikon binocs about 6 power.
    Very handy and very useful.

4. Benzboy

Benzboy

Thanks for all the responses. I ended up going with a Burris compact set. 8x power x26. I found a gunstore clearing out alot of its stock at below cost and bought mine for $67 shipped priority. If they work out, ill prob get another set or 2 for gifts.
    The model # i got is a 300162.