Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just detail stripped my glock 21 2nd gen. before i reassembled it i cleaned every part thoroughly as well as lubricated it. During reassembly i believe that i made sure that every part went back in the right order. Everything functions fine and smooth, but when i put a full 13rd mag in and try to put one in the chamber its a little rough pulling the slide back over the full magazine. anybody have any ideas?
:dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
its not just rough it takes quite a bit of muscle to put a round in the chamber. i dont know if that makes any difference. Before i did detail strip i really never noticed it being that hard to pull the slide back, it may just be nothing

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Are you saying you are sure it is more "rough" cycling over a full mag than before, or you don't remember it being that rough before? With a full mag, it is difficult to depress the cartridges enough for the ramp to pass to the rear and then strip off a cartridge for chambering. Is there any chance that you also switched to a new magazine, mag , or different ammo at the same time? If not, I'm betting nothing is different -- that you just don't remember how it was before.

Edit: You added more info while I was responding. When you chamber a round, you should not be riding the slide forward -- you should pull it fully to the rear and release. If the muscle is only required when pull the slide back, that is normal with a full mag.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
maybe it was nothing. but it is easier to charge an ar-15 with 2 fingers and a full mag than to engage the chamber in the 21

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the clarification, i was pretty worried there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts