reason to carry at church/very sad

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by dabigguns357, Apr 30, 2012.

1. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

2. tualum0982

tualum0982

Guess this will answer a few of the peoples questions on here about whether to carry in Church!

3. Zeroskillet

Zeroskillet MIA 305

Yup, I used to carry to church with permission from the pastor.

I currently do not which makes me feel paranoid at times even though they ALWAYS have a Miami Dade uniformed officer at the entrance, at least 3 security personal who carry and 2 of the elders are retired officers who I'm pretty sure carry.

Woah! Crashes his car, tries to shot someone coming to his aid but gun jams, shoots mother of pastor, and enters church only to be shot by an off duty officer who happens to be his COUSIN. Wow so sad.

4. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

You never know where crazy is going to strike, always be prepared.

5. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

My VT church prohibits the carrying of firearms inside the church. I just sent this sad news story to my pastor. :upeyes:

6. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot

I agree with the strange feeling doing this. But remember one thing the bad guys DONT abide by the "rules" and today we need to also remember terrorism. You can bet you last dollar, they will PLAN on us not carrying BECAUSE it's church!

It's a scary world and getting worse NOT better.

I'll carry everywhere I can and PRAY I don't need to use it!

CW

7. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

I know this can be a touchy subject, but have you considered a different church? (assuming it's not state law that prohibits you from carrying in your church?)

8. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Reminds me of the guy that opened fire on people in Dallas after he had a wreck. Nutjobs are everywhere.

9. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

It happened at a church in my area a couple of year's ago. Nut case walked into church with a shotgun in a guitar case and opened fire on the congregation killing one and wounding several. I had never carried at church until then but I now carry at every service I attend.

Doyle

10. chaplain 31

chaplain 31

Yes nut jobs are every where. And Churches are becoming targets of choice for many of them. That's why our Church does not try to keep anyone legally able to carry from doing so at our services. This includes our minister.

11. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Some dirtbag robbed the church choir group with a shotgun inside the church where my sons boyscout meetings are held. Thankfully nobody was hurt. These are the lowest of the low, right up there with child molesters. I carry everywhere with the only exception being a courtroom or my kids school.

12. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

I carry as much at church as i do anywhere else.

13. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

In Ohio, it's a Felony to carry in a church without permission of the Pastor. No one should have to ask for permission to carry a firearm. It's their right and I don't want to hear about that Private Property BS from anyone.

Did the jerk criminal care that it's illegal to bring a gun into church without permission? Did he care that it's illegal to carry a firearm without a license to do so? Did he care that it's illegal to shoot people?

NOPE!

Do you still want to argue that you need permission to do what's right? Do you still think you should need to ask permission to protect yourself?

Church is partially about ethics and morality right?

Is it moral and ethical to be forced to be a victim?

Only a fool thinks whats right should be wrong.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  14. SCmasterblaster

There is an LDS church a few mile east of here that allows firearms. I'll be checking them out.

15. SCmasterblaster

My current church is in VT, which allows all adult non-felons to CCW without a licence. The only place I cannot CCW is at the Post Office and at the VA Hospital.

16. Cwlongshot

Cwlongshot

I know this is about a personal decision as one can make. But to me its like this...

I KNOW I am not going to pull my pistol unless its the LAST possible choice to save life and limb. I can defend that decision. I would rather seek forgiveness than ask permission.
    Stay in the church you like, carry if and when you feel its necessary. Most of all, AVOID situations where you may need the firearm. IF church is a place where a firearm is necessary, find a new church...

Just my humble decision..

CW

17. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

SC masterblaster
    Don't forget courthouses and schools to the list.
    When I go to church no one knows I CC and it's none of their business,That or I will find a different place of worship. SJ 40

18. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Actually, it probably won't. There's been numerous incidents of shootings at churches and other houses of worship. Most likely they are against it, and it's unlikely "one more" is going to convince them otherwise.

As was said above, Crazy doesn't care if you're in church.

19. SCmasterblaster

You're right - I forgot!

20. Jfduece

Jfduece

Since when did private property become BS? do you live in a communist state somewhere? maybe you are sending this message live from downtown Seattle at the May Day protest while you are bashing in store fronts?

I value my private property and the right to do as I wish on it. Why should a church be any different?

Personally, I carry at church and would advocate others do so as well. As long as it's legal and you have consent of the owner(consent can be explicit by direct permission, but is usually implied and assumed by lack of prohibitive signage or other verbal/written communication).