Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you ready for the winter storm if it is going to hit your area? If not what are you doing to get ready?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Freezer full of beef, chicken and pork, a wild turkey or two. Pantry full of rice, pasta, veggies, soups, tuna, more chicken. Three huge boxes of POM tp. Electric blankey that my wife uses. Sugar, flour, cocoa and coffee. We're all set. Plenty of ice melt too.

·
Polymerlicious!
6,197 Posts
Are you ready for the winter storm if it is going to hit your area? If not what are you doing to get ready?
Winter, to me, is like being sentenced every year to prison for about 5 months.
And I don't even know what crime I'm guilty of committing. :rofl:

·
Registered
8,767 Posts
<--------------see sign on

Doubled up because its a pug....who don't look happy wearing that hat.

For us folks in Wisconsin, we get 6" today...heard as much as another 18" tomorrow with 35 mph winds and predicted 8' drifts.

Yep, working from home again tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Iam ready,,,,,by our standards we are going to get hammered big time here in the Kansas City area. I did a run check on my generator,,,,did a food check on food and essentials. I will stack a big pile of fire wood in the garage behind the cars, I will not even need to open a door for 3 days if need be.

My blade is on my Kubota tractor and my 4X4 Power stroke is in the barn and headed the right direction,,,,only thing missing is a hot woman.

·
NRA Member
3,339 Posts
:rofl: From what I've heard Mike, you Oklahoma guys are gonna need two of those this week for warmth! :supergrin:

It's supposed to start here around 3:AM in the morning, rain, sleet, turning to snow by noon, and not getting abve freezing until Friday evening, with lows a couple nights around 11 degrees......:faint:

I'm ready, won't have to leave the house until it thaws..........

·
Registered
30,261 Posts
Are you ready for the winter storm if it is going to hit your area?
Only one day of snow and sleet and temps maybe hitting the teens.

No problem. I just put the tractors away and fixed up the barn cat's boxes. We're good to go.:)

·
Banned
12,975 Posts
As usual we get mainly ice. Sleet, freezing rain and ice later tonight to go under maybe 6 inches of snow tomorrow. Yes, that will shut us down here in the South.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I try to keep plenty of canned food on hand. I have propane and kerosene heaters for backup if the power goes out, two Honda EU series generators on standby. And two 4x4's for transportation.

·
Registered
789 Posts
No such thing as a winter emergency. It's just business as usual here in Michigan. :rollingeyes: If you are not properly geared, you don't belong in Michigan. That said, I'm ready for spring. :tongueout:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts