Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do believe the FreeTagh forum has lost its original intent and has become beg-a-thon.

In case some do NOT understand the meaning of this section, here is what it is intended for .....

Hi folks. I don't know how or if this forum will work out, but I just had the idea and want to give it a try. This is a free classifieds forum. If you have stuff lying around and you would like to pass it on to someone else, this is the place for the ad. This would also be a good place to offer trades.

You can ask for a reasonable amount for shipping, but you cannot post something here for sale. This is a good place to clear out your orphaned holster drawer, or that corner of your closet full of all the accessories to electronics or appliances you no longer have. Maybe you have something cool that is unfortunately broken, that you think someone else might be able to fix and use. Offer what you want, as long as it is free.
There is a section for those who WTB.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i agree, ive only looked at the forum a few times and am amazed how seemingly "grown" people who have enough money for a computer, internet service and a gun can put out their begging hands and ask for "alms for the poor"........

·
Airborne
143 Posts
There is a section for those who WTB.
WTB - what does that stand for?

I THOUGHT it meant Want To Buy, but from what i have seen here lately, I must be wrong. It seems it stands for Want To Beg!

I have stopped even looking in that particular sub-forum, due to all the begging going on there.

And it seems that this one is going the same way.

·
Watcher.
40,694 Posts
If youse all have a/n issue with a "post" flag it and let the mods/admins deal with it.'08.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
If youse all have a/n issue with a "post" flag it and let the mods/admins deal with it.'08.
Yeah, because a polite society doesnt need to police itself. We need to bother the Big Giant Head with every little issue instead of controlling ourselves :upeyes:.

The OP didnt single anyone out.

·
Watcher.
40,694 Posts
Didn't say the "OP" did,but I've seen many a post that needed "attention".I know the Mods/Admins have a ton ta do.'08.

·
Registered
366 Posts
People that beg here are exactly the people that are bleeding this country like the leeches they are. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I am tired of supporting people who choose not to work or provide for themselves. Now they have so little shame they even show up here begging!!!

·
RIP BUDDY
3,658 Posts
I had someone want one of the items I had up Asked for $3.00 to cover the shipping, I had 2 people that would pay the $3.00 bucks. 3rd person did I sent him his money back with it just to see who was a stand-up guy. I will say though I spent $43.00 on postage for items on this thread, sending books etc.. tends to get heavy. With what packing boxes and postage runs, reasonable postage differs on the item. Cheapest flat rate now is $10.35. So if someone takes a bunch of stuff like 100or 200 rounds of brass. Your going to be out at least $10.35 cheapest way. Since parcel post usually runs only 10 or 25 cents less. So I think that asking $10.35 for postage on heavy items would be reasonable

·
Airborne
143 Posts
They are not talking about asking a reasonable fee for shipping. What is meant here is those who post a thread about what they want you to send them. Basically begging for items. They are probably more than willing to pay you shipping if you will send them what they want (not what YOU have available, what THEY want) for free.

·
RIP BUDDY
3,658 Posts
They are not talking about asking a reasonable fee for shipping. What is meant here is those who post a thread about what they want you to send them. Basically begging for items. They are probably more than willing to pay you shipping if you will send them what they want (not what YOU have available, what THEY want) for free.
Just trying to point out that the ones that are begging aren't even willing to pay a couple of bucks for shipping when you have what they want. It's up to the mods and they OP but I think this thread should be declared officially dead and closed. When (if) the economy picks up maybe start another one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My thought is that the thread should not be closed. If the mods don't catch a begging or "asking for" listing, those that do use it correctly can simply report a bad posting, or ignore it instead of posting all the attention getting comments and keeping the listing at the top of the page. Ignore it and let it go away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts