close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Re-Stock Your Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jfkuchta, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Jfkuchta

Jfkuchta

First off, my apologies to Brown Bear for blaming the ammo for FTF and light strikes. After going through boxes of Tul Ammo, Blazer, and Selier & Bellot and having the same problems, I decided to go back to my stock striker spring (I had been using a 3.5# spring), stock guide rod (was using Brownells stainless steel) and stock striker (was using a Glockworx skeletonized striker). Just went through 150 rounds of S&B and Blazer with no problems. I still have the Zev fulcrum trigger and Ghost 3.5# connector installed. So it seems that the guide rod was causing my FTF and the striker/spring was causing my light strikes. Apologies also go out to Glock for doubting the stock parts. While I like the Zev trigger, I would have no hesitation going back to the stock trigger. Live and learn.:uglylol:

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Some people have no issues with aftermarket stuff but some do, stock is always the safest bet. there are many that will say their aftermarket stuff has never had issue and thats true but others have. I have no issue with using some aftermarket stuff but when I had to fix some Glocks often (not all) times it was putting factory parts in and it ran fine.

:50cal:

3. ijacek

ijacek

All my Glock's are stock, I like it that way, and i never had any problems!

4. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl

Call me a member of the stock glock bandwagon. Only thing I've done to my 27 is polish the barrel and feed ramp, more for aesthetics than anything else.

ETA: 1400 rounds since I've owned it, not a single issue.

Sent from my phone booth

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  5. Glock Master

Glock Master

Welcome to GT.
    My Glock is stock.

6. scattershot

scattershot

I went through a spate of changing trigger springs, connectors, etc. and came back to stock, too. Just feels better to me.

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

So you've had it for six weeks or so?

:rofl::rofl:

8. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

Agree with Scattershot. I, too, went the replacement parts route at first. I was able to lighten my trigger by replacing springs with lighter springs and the 3.5 connector. It was all right for a while. But I took my grandson out shooting with me one day and had a thought about the lighter triggers being questionable with a new shooter and kid.

He did all right shooting -- I preached safety endlessly to him and watched like a hawk -- and there were no problems. But I just decided to go back to OEM anyway.

Funny thing is, after I put the stock parts back I liked it even better! I found I preferred the 5.5 OEM connector to the 3.5. I didn't have any regrets changing the 4.5# striker spring back to the OEM and I like my Glocks better for the change.

Change can be to your liking. I found the OEM was better. Especially interesting was that I really like the OEM connector better than the 3.5. It just feels better to me.

9. Tango 1Zero

Tango 1Zero Millennium Member

Only thing I ever do is put in the 3 1/2 lb. connector and new factory guide rods when they get old.

10. scosgt

scosgt

The only things I ever changed were to add the extended slide stop (Glock factory part) and Hogue slip on grips (But my G19 and G23 are Gen 2 and don't have finger grooves and my G36 benefits because the grip is narrow and sharp).
    Other than Pierce +0 pinkie grips, they remain stock. NO funny triggers or connectors or striker springs, NO NO +2 bottoms. When my job adopted the G19 back in the day every single Officer who showed up with a + bottom had malfunctions).

Stock is the best for many folks for reliability reasons.

11. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Ditto. ....and I don't always even change the connector; depends on the gun.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  12. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Walther PPQ

Stock Glocks, owned dozens. Never had 1 single failure, ever.