Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange and odd, but last night I had another dream of a gun not going into battery when I cycled it. In fact the slide was somehow off one of the side frame rails.
Now IRL my firearms are always clean and in full working order and never had any cycle or action problems.

Any of you had dreams like this?:yawn:

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
What you experience is very very rare. . . in non-gun-owners. EVERY gun owner has this dream. Non-gun-owners swing at a badguy and the punch is either thru jello or has no effect. Liberals have dreams that more laws pass slowly. LOL

Seriously - a pretty common dream. Means nothing.

·
Who u lookin at
225 Posts
Yeah, but mine is that I can't pull the trigger hard enough. I get it right to the breaking point but that's it. Always wake up feeling antsy after that one.

·
164 Posts
Go to the range and chunk some lead downrange. I had to do it a few months ago. Bad dream...

·
Registered
673 Posts
I had a dream last night that I was being pursued by aliens that were driving a vehicle that looked like the shuttle craft from the original Star Trek series. The vehicle had red and green lights on it (I dream in color!), and it could only make right-angle turns. To avoid the sight-lines on the shuttle craft, I was dodging around a bunch of concrete obelisks that were a mixture of Stonehenge and the "alcoves" from the movie "In Bruges."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Q-a5zCmhc

Then there is the usual dream where I'm mag-dumping the FAL at some unseen bad guy who is using a door-frame for cover. All I'm getting is a big spray of splinters.

I'm sure it means something really deep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKcXnDKjPCs

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Yeah, but mine is that I can't pull the trigger hard enough. I get it right to the breaking point but that's it. Always wake up feeling antsy after that one.
Had this dream before. Another dream, for some reason I had 9mm loaded up in my G22's mag, and the unfired cartridges kept coming out the front of the barrel. It was weird. In your dream, when you really need something to work, it'll find a way not to...

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
MOST nights I have a dream that either the trigger wont pull far enough to break or that the rounds dont have effect on the BG as if they were blanks. It leaves me antsy..especially if the BG's are zombies.

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
I used to have a dream over and over when I was in my early 30's about crossing a hanging bridge, the bridge would slope down and would cross some sort of a culvert or canyon and looking across I could see there was thick fog. The fog was thick in the part of the bridge that sloped downward, however I could see clearly to the other side, but I would have to go through the part of the bridge where the fog was so thick to get to the other side where there was no fog......

I read that dreams like this over and over have to do with some kind of unresolved conflict or problem in life.

I don't have that dream anymore, but it was so vivid when I was having them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I thought I was the only one that had dreams like this. In my dream I pull the trigger but its very very hard and when i manage to pull it i miss. I also get a re ocurring dream that one leg is longer than the other and it makes me walk weird.

·
Registered
669 Posts
About the time June rolls around I will be fishing several days a week and I will start setting the hook in the middle of the night. Sometimes its dreams and I swear sometimes it because the sheets hit my finger just right to feels like a bite.

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,876 Posts
Strange and odd, but last night I had another dream of a gun not going into battery when I cycled it. In fact the slide was somehow off one of the side frame rails.
Now IRL my firearms are always clean and in full working order and never had any cycle or action problems.

Any of you had dreams like this?:yawn:
Precognition or a subconscious thought that you are worried that you life will go off the rails.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,542 Posts
Have you watched the movie Dreamscape (1984) lately?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used to have dreams that the triggers on my weapons had 400lb trigger-pulls. I'd squeeze and squeeze and nothing would happen. After I returned from Afghanistan, I stopped having those dreams.

My take on it was that my mind could not comprehend something it had never experienced. (combat)

·
unlisted
776 Posts
I keep having this odd dream...

I'm sitting on a chair. I'm in front of my computer.

The crazy part is that I'm posting a reply to a thread on a forum.

It all seems so real.

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
buck nekkid in a college classroom

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
When I had a motorcycle I kept having a dream about crashing my bike into the back end of a stopped semi truck, and it motivated me to drive more safely. I never crashed, and the dream eventually stopped.

When I took flying lessons I kept having a dream about screwing up & crashing a plane during a landing approach, and that motivated me to be careful too. I never crashed and the dream eventually stopped.

When I was about 27 or 28, and my hairline started to recede just a tiny bit, I kept having a dream where I'd wake up, look into the bathroom mirror, and discover that I've gone completely bald overnight. But decades later, I'm still no more bald than I was then. That dream persisted occasionally until I was about 40, and then the dream stopped.

The girl that cuts my hair keeps having a dream where she's being chased by a gang of guys intent on raping her, and she's trying to call 911 on her cell phone, but she can't get the numbers punched in right. So far, no gang has chased her yet and I'm hoping they never do, but she's pretty young and has no previous experience with recurring dreams that never came true, so she's kind of worried about it.

I've never had a dream with a gun in it that I can remember, and I never have dreams that involve violence, which I think is pretty fortunate, and it suits me just fine.

·
USS Texas BB-35
4,583 Posts
I had the Gun dream back when I carried My 2.5 lb fulsize It always finding the right ammo for the gun, The last time I had it I realized "Hey I have a 2.5 lb hammer in my hand" and I beat the BG to a very bloody pulp, no more gun dream.
Now I pack a G-17 which barely weighs a pound loaded, if I have the gun dream again I guess I will have to fillet them with the Emerson.

·
BLR
7,414 Posts
I've had a few gun dreams, particularly when I first started carrying but none that I would call re-occurring.

I do have re-occurring dreams that I fly or swim through the air. Those are always cool.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts