Re-Evaluating What’s Important..

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by JArthurD, Aug 11, 2019.

1. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

You’ve all seen my posts about my wife here but this past week has taught me (yet again) how a constant evaluation about how important the people in your life are.

Long story short, I had been feeling poorly to say the least. Diarrhea, vomiting, rapid and unexplained increased heart rate, vertigo, etc. -I tried to make an appointment with my doctor, but when I told my wife the appointment could not be made more that 2 weeks out, my wife rushed home from work and drove me to the ER and demanded I be seen. For the record, I am a Diabetic with HBP, thyroid issues, etc.

The ER team was tremendous and after finding out that my blood count was down by 50%, rushed me, by ambulance to a larger facility, where I was given 2 units of blood and 2 addition units of blood products. They advised I was bleeding internally. The cause was 3 bleeding ulcers, which would have likely killed me if I had waited the two weeks to be seen.

Anyway, I was treated and released today, happy, healthy and alive because of my wife of 35 years AND because of an expert medical team of doctors, nurses, assistants and technicians, in spite of my own stupidity.

I have written about poor experiences in the ER here and I wanted to state, for the record, here, that there is no higher calling or work than that of ER teams. My hat is off, I am in awe and I cannot be more thankful!

And, to my wife, I can only say that she will continue to be my source of everything. One word can never capture a feeling but THANKS! Again.

Papa D likes this.