close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Re-enact Lee Harvey Oswold's shooting and win $100,000.....

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by Tommy Gunn, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Tommy Gunn

Tommy Gunn 1911 user

Havent quite decided if this is tacky or not...But I sure could use 100 grand....

click

To sum: A downloaded PC game. Seems if you pay 10 buck you can unlock it and get 10 chances to re-enact the shooting. The person who comes the closest wins 100 grand.

2. Tvov

Tvov

If you read the rules of the contest, the "$100,000" is built up by people paying the fee. This sounds scam-ish.

Plus, the game is a bit much for me. YMMV.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Sure does. Let's do the math...

Ten THOUSAND people would have to try 100,000 times to 'Re-Enact' this American tragedy...and then THEIR OWN GAME SERVER has to decide that someone's attempt was worth 1/10 of a million dollars.

But if it happened to decide that no one came close, THE OWNERS get to KEEP $100,000!!!

So what reason would they have to intentionally program themselves out of money in this land of greed?

Answer: the owners most likely incorporated beforehand so there would be no accumulation of personal responsibility, merely acumulation of personal wealth.

And I'm guessing they will make far more than $100,000 when they dissolve it. I just hope none of their new wealth comes from the pockets of misguided GT'ers.

This is even worse than those BS Nigerian scams!! At least they don't insist you try to perfectly emulate a capital offense to cash in on the riches....

4. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

SCAM. Definitely. Seem's like it might be an interesting game to play, but it's gotta be a scam.

;g

;8 ;I

5. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

This sounds like something Dale Gribble from King of the Hill would think up.

Sounds pretty scam-like to me. I get all my PC games for free, so I'm not really used to paying cash.

Plus, this sounds more like a carnival game than a videogame.