Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to an old back injury that flared up two months ago I had to switch to a lighter EDC pistol. Found myself carrying my old duty Glock 26 OWB. I had been carrying my Wilson Combat CQB Commander IWB since acquiring it back in 2015.

Last week I decided that my back had improved enough to once again attempt a 1911 IWB. My choice was the Bill Wilson Carry (the original version from 2013). It's a CCO type with a 4"BBL and Officer's length frame. It shaves a couple of ounces off of the Commander's weight, and conceals better. I had forgotten what a nice, compact package this pistol is, and upon shooting it realized that there is no loss of accuracy and the ammo difference is negligible.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else is looking for an option to assist with reducing lower back pain.

·
Premium Member
42,337 Posts
A great carry option for sure. I just looked up weights, the G26 tips the scale at 21.7oz. The BWC is stated to weigh 29.6oz. They are a great deal closer in weight that I had thought.

Great to hear your back is doing better.....as always, I appreciate your Service. :flag:

Reactions: seanmac45

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just for gits & shiggles I weighed my 3 favorite full size carry guns on my wife's kitchen scales. The G17 with loaded 17 round mag came in at 33.05oz, 226 SAO with loaded 18 round mag was 41.3 & the Wilson CQB with an 8 round mag came in at a whopping 45.3 oz.

I have RC Phantom OWB holsters for all three & while there's no mistaking that the G17 is the lightest when carrying, the 4 oz difference between the 1911 & the 226 isn't noticeable. If anything, my 1911s seem to "ride" just as well, or even better, than any of my guns.

Then again, maybe it's just because I'm an old fart & have been in love with the 1911 since I first shot one in boot camp in 1966.

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A great carry option for sure. I just looked up weights, the G26 tips the scale at 21.7oz. The BWC is stated to weigh 29.6oz. They are a great deal closer in weight that I had thought.

Great to hear your back is doing better.....as always, I appreciate your Service. :flag:

And I yours, sir.

·
Registered
127,460 Posts
Due to an old back injury that flared up two months ago I had to switch to a lighter EDC pistol. Found myself carrying my old duty Glock 26 OWB. I had been carrying my Wilson Combat CQB Commander IWB since acquiring it back in 2015.

Last week I decided that my back had improved enough to once again attempt a 1911 IWB. My choice was the Bill Wilson Carry (the original version from 2013). It's a CCO type with a 4"BBL and Officer's length frame. It shaves a couple of ounces off of the Commander's weight, and conceals better. I had forgotten what a nice, compact package this pistol is, and upon shooting it realized that there is no loss of accuracy and the ammo difference is negligible.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else is looking for an option to assist with reducing lower back pain.
Very cool :cool:

Glad to hear...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.