Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this issue come up after cleaning my G34. Not sure how I did it, but cant get the slide off. I can lock the slide open but not much else. I'm thinking that the barrel somehow caught the slide release when I was re-assembling. Not real sure how to disassemble and correct it. Pretty sure I'm not the first one to do this!
Gun Handgun holster Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Product Technology Gadget Electronic device Electronics

·
Banned
4,850 Posts
The barrel should be locked into the ejection port as the top half comes off. Is the slide and barrel locked in the position shown?

The only thing I can think of is to gently tap the back until it locks into the slide. You may want to call Glock about this or bring it to a gunsmith. I've never seen that happen.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Not a great video but he does show how to get the firing pin out so that the slide can move forward off the frame.
View: https://youtu.be/zsmqjXW9Efw

If you've never done this before, keep your finger over the back of the slide when removing the slide cover plate. Work over a soft pad in case you drop the gun/slide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! While I did have the complete slide assembly on, Ill say "something" just wasn't right went it went back together. The trigger pull was extreme but I was able to pull the trigger and then release the slide. All looks and functions well now. You video was good by the way! I was wondering how one could change out the back plate and I guess I'll be ordering disassembly tool for sure!
Not a great video but he does show how to get the firing pin out so that the slide can move forward off the frame.

If you've never done this before, keep your finger over the back of the slide when removing the slide cover plate. Work over a soft pad in case you drop the gun/slide.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Don't understand what the problem is here.

For the situtation illustrated in the video, simply hold the slide in the firing position (for example, using forward thumb pressure on the back plate) and release the striker with the trigger as normal. No need to remove the back plate.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Don't understand what the problem is here.

For the situtation illustrated in the video, simply hold the slide in the firing position (for example, using forward thumb pressure on the back plate) and release the striker with the trigger as normal. No need to remove the back plate.
There are some scenarios where you just cannot get the trigger to clear the drop safety so it’s a good trick to have in the arsenal. It’s also my opinion (just an opinion) that there’s less chance a newbie will launch his/her slide onto a tile floor with this method so I tend to recommend it even in situations when the other will work.

Reactions: ragingbulldaily
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.