Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been carrying for years usually IWB behind the hip
My question for those who appendix carry is how do you take a leak?
And I AM serious
I tend to undo my belt and open my jeans when I do and with rearward carry gun stays somewhat in place but with appendix carry the minute the belt and jeans open the pistol is going to want to drop out so how to make it work
Do you just try to leave belt and jeans done and just use the ziper or what?
That seems a hassle
I am serious and asking here as I don't want to get laughed at if I ask this at the range and such
I mean this in a serious manner so please leave any juvenile answers out
My thanks in advance

·
Exploring Alternate Routes
5,429 Posts
Self-Supporting-holster. More comfortable, versatile, and wardrobe tolerant.
I can't believe that only a small handful of companies make these while waistband reliant holsters get all the hype.

Reactions: Pierre!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I wore a Sam Browne for nearly forty years so I have always just unzipped. These days I usually carry a spare magazine in addition to a pistol in an appendix holster so I still just unzip. I would not care to put myself in the position of being partially disrobed in a public restroom just to urinate.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
...appendix carry...how do you take a leak?
I use a stall. Standing, usually, but in a stall. The zipper alone just doesn't give enough clearance, so - if you're like me - you'll want to use the stall. If we're concerned about safety, we should be using a stall anyway.
...with appendix carry the minute the belt and jeans open the pistol is going to want to drop out so how to make it work...
The key is the belt and the holster. Holster and belt both need to have enough rigidity to preclude flopping over, and the holster needs to have enough primary retention to preclude the firearm from falling out if it ever did flop over. The best belt I've found is the Volund Atlas G-hook; you can keep the G-hook hooked and just extend the belt - and nothing can fall off the belt (because the belt is still connected). I prefer my holster to have a fixed kydex loop (rather than straps); I've found that a fixed kydex loop lends a lot of stability. The best holster I've found is the Keeper's Concealment Keeper.

·
Registered
994 Posts
And I AM serious
I tend to undo my belt and open my jeans when I do and with rearward carry gun stays somewhat in place but with appendix carry the minute the belt and jeans open the pistol is going to want to drop out so how to make it work
That seems a hassle
I am serious and asking here as I don't want to get laughed at if I ask this at the range and such
My thanks in advance
Serious answer -- I also go in a stall, that way I don't have to worry about anybody seeing my gun. Pop the holster off if you need to. No big deal.

Reactions: robhic

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I wear Levi 501's quite a bit (button fly). I have to unbutton the top, then the next, then the next to get him out. I leave the belt hooked up and my pants just open. When done, I button from bottom up, when I get to the top button, the two "wings" of my pant gets tucked back under the belt and the top button finished. Sounds harder than it actually is after a few cycles. With zippers, I still do it the same general way, it is just faster.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I think weight has something to do with iwb appendix carry , I just in unzip but was uncomfortable at 210 lbs at around 6ft 1 now weigh 150 I have no trouble . I carry no holster only a good gun belt so don't know if this has anything to do with comfort .I do know carrying in this fashion the Glock soon reaches your body temperature , it's been great having a warm gun this winter .

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
5,409 Posts
Just an un-zip for me. CCW since 1996, wasn't long before I learned to keep the belt taught when in the #1 relief mode. Numbah 2 is another story... :)

Using an Uncle Mike's softy #12 or a Raven Concealment Systems Vanguard 2 are the typical systems employed... and they are fully functional during the event as well, which is always a +plus+...

Hope that helps you out!

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
Zipper only. Taking a leak isn’t where my disdain for appendix carry comes from, it’s the digging in my gut/bladder that I can’t stand.

I haven’t tried it in several years, and since it has become more popular there may be holsters better suited to it now, but it’s not for me.

I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I’m not “fat” not do I have a big ol belly sticking out over my belt but it’s still not comfortable for me.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,965 Posts
And I AM serious
That seems a hassle
My thanks in advance
Always use zipper only. It's too hard to run or fight while using one hand to hold up your pants.

Regards,
Happyguy ,:)

Reactions: Just Glocks

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
I don't know I can't do appendix carry. The Doc took it out two years ago. Now I just do abdomen scar carry and pee like everyone else of my generation, slowly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.