Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is so easy to use - thanks for the recommendation. I happened to have a spare tool head too. Removed the primer tube & pulled 11 rounds out of a batch of 100. For those that followed my thread about the squib round and/or firing out of battery these are the results:

Receipe A#7 10.8gr

All but one of the rounds were either .1 or .2 low or high with that one at 11.1 (+.3gr). These were not from the same box as when the problem happened though. I already puuled those with the Kinetic. BTW: my Dillon Electronic scale began to drift .2-.3gr too although I don't know when in relation to these rounds. It was sent back to CED under warranty. Even though they said it had no problem they are sending me a new unit just to be safe and make me happy! Great customer service!

I'm going to continue to pull random samples from each box then decide what I'll do.

Please remember that I fire these full auto mostly - any thoughts given the above?

Thanks to everyone on this great forum that have helped my new hobby!!!

·
Footlong Jr.
1,953 Posts
For the electronic scale - Get a marble slab on ebay and a Vibrakill pad from Old Will Knott. Make sure the whole platform is level and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm glad you had luck with the collet puller. I tried unsuccessfully some weeks ago to get mine to work and ended up ordering and RCBS Kinetic puller. I've had the collet puller(RCBS) for decades but never used it until recently. I had the 45 cal collet since that's what I needed but I couldn't get those bullets out no matter what or how many times I tried. Re read the instructions all to no avail. I'll just use the kinetic puller.

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
I'm glad you had luck with the collet puller. I tried unsuccessfully some weeks ago to get mine to work and ended up ordering and RCBS Kinetic puller. I've had the collet puller(RCBS) for decades but never used it until recently. I had the 45 cal collet since that's what I needed but I couldn't get those bullets out no matter what or how many times I tried. Re read the instructions all to no avail. I'll just use the kinetic puller.
I prefer the kinetic pullers myself. The OP has a special situation where he wanted to measure powder in the case more accurately. Kinetic puller was more of a headache for that.

There are also some profile where collet puller just wont work. Deep seated WC come to mind. Not sure how reusabe a lead projectile would be either.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've been using a kinetic puller for nearly 3 years and have had great success. However, no matter how careful you are, when swinging the tool, and smacking it against a hard object (vice, 2X4, etc), powder goes flying everywhere. I even wear a hat when doing this function just to keep all the powder out not to mention some towels around my vice to catch some of the powder flying everywhere. This RCBS or Lyman model seems much faster, cleaner, zero force, etc) so I plan on changing to this type puller. I might even pull some commercial ammo now-and-then just to see how much powder is being used and who knows....might be able to tell what type powder although most have their own recipes. :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts