18lest the LORD see it and be displeased,
and turn away his anger from him.

19Fret not yourself because of evildoers,
and be not envious of the wicked,
20for the evil man has no future;
the lamp of the wicked will be put out.

Proverbs 24
Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Murkowski has announced she will not vote to confirm...
Of course she did. McConnell needs to put some serious pressure on her. She'll need help fighting off Sarah Palin, if McConnell doesn't use the threat of cutting off funding from the RNC, he's a joke as majority leader.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Comments on DU are priceless!

It's a gift like election night 2016. All the crying AntiAmerican halfwits give my heart wings!

I immediately went to democratic Underground to bath in liberal tears. It’s quite refreshing...

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I would like for Trump to name his nominee on Monday and for McConnell to fast track the process in the senate, while we can get a conservative justice confirmed. Let the Democrats gnash their teeth and levitate. After seeing the tactics they used attempting to derail the Kavanaugh confirmation and the whole Trump impeachment circus, I don't care how much they howl. Use the power to push it through.
ABSOLUTELY my thoughts!

·
tabula rasa
484 Posts
Shouldn’t the next president nominate a replacement?

that was the logic after Scalia died, right?
No No No! The president has the right of nomination, with a majority in the senate he needs to send the nominee tomorrow off his published list. The dems have proven they will destroy America to get power. This is the best legacy way to STOP them !!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Watching Fox, I don't get OAN, and they are showing people gathered at the Supreme Court building. Why are they there? Don't they have better things to do?

·
Aw sheet main
1,687 Posts
It was said 4 years ago that the SCOTUS vacancy helped push Trump over the top. It gave fence sitting right wingers a little additional incentive to accept such a flawed candidate. Another vacancy could work in Trumps favor again. Let's not forget how people like Roberts and Souter change when they get on the court.

If it does work in his favor, all the cards just keep lining up for the president. The violence, the riots, the push for communism, Pelosi, the Covid shutdown, and now another vacancy on the SC.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I find this kind of sad:

Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."​

She apparently knew that her days were very numbered, and she worried about politics and career. If I were in that situation, I hope that my time would be spent with friends and family and not a thought wasted on politics.
Politics and ideology is the lefts religion. The sooner you realize this the sooner you realize what we are really dealing with. It’s what they do 247.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
No you are totally wrong -

What does the constitution say?

It says the senate decides how to proceed - and that is exactly what they did after Scalia died - and it should be what happens now -

The senate has almost unlimited power to make the call - and they should use it.

But on top of that - imagine an election where Biden already has 600 lawyers hired - and the dumocrats have said they are going to fight with every thing they have until all legal means have been exhausted -

Do you want a SCOTUS with only 8 members so it could end in some sort of tie?
^This.

No time to waste, get the nomination in and let the process begin, and go nuclear if you have to!

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,019 Posts
Watching Fox, I don't get OAN, and they are showing people gathered at the Supreme Court building. Why are they there? Don't they have better things to do?
You mean like burning, looting, pillaging, assault and even murder?

Reactions: railfancwb
101 - 120 of 281 Posts