GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 281 Posts

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,409 Posts
My parents always said, "If you can't say something nice...... don't say anything."

Well.......... I never did listen to them, on that.

No. I can't do it. I cannot say what I want to say.

Rest, RBG.

That's as good as it gets, folks.

·
Registered
24,917 Posts
Not a chance. But since Trump will be re-elected, no big deal.
No reason they can't get this done - at least before 1/20/2021.

Trump already gave out his list of possible justices - move it ahead -

You can't go into the possibly most contested POTUS election in history with an even number of justices on the supreme court - imagine a tie in a critical vote that leaves the election undecided.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,623 Posts
RIP Ruth.

Reactions: MaxB and railfancwb

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
87 is a good run
So long
Next up?

·
Registered
24,917 Posts
No Obama was LAME Duck
THAT's the difference.
No - it has nothing to do with lame duck -

The senate makes the call on how to proceed - they can take 100 years or 100 minutes to move ahead - totally their call.

Is it political?

YES BUT SO IS EVERYTHING IN DC.

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,895 Posts
I will caveat this news and remind you guys to not to show outward excitement. This is a solemn moment in time when you don't want to trigger every little snot-nosed baggy-pants kid into the streets and motivate the losers this close to an election.

It'll work itself out (in the Senate beginning Monday morning). Glad the House took off to campaign. :)

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
Regardless of politics, she should have had the dignity to resign before the cancer took her out. I can't say that I'm sad.

Hope Trump can ram a new justice down the Dems throats even if he isn't reelected. Lordy do I pray he will be elected. Don

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
Now Bidens campaign cry will be: 'Don't let Trump control the Supreme Court with another racist, homophobic, bigoted judge. Vote for Joe Biden, he will be sure to elect a judge that's fair and impartial and on the side of real justice...'

I hope Trump can get a replacement in there before the election so Biden can't use the issue of an open seat on the SCOTUS as a campaign sound bite, but I don't think Trump will be able to push it through so quickly.

·
Registered
26,532 Posts
I'm sure this administration had a short list of candidates which have been notified.

Reactions: Doc Holliday
41 - 60 of 281 Posts