RBG dies.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by G19Tony, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

WWTDD?

("What would the Democrats do?")

You're right, but leftist judges think it is their duty to shred the Constitution.

2. Vito

Vito

The Left has no respect for the Constitution nor for personal oaths. They take the oath of loyalty to the Constitution but violate that oath without any qualms. Everything is ok to them if it moved them closer to their radical agenda. Many Republicans are untrustworthy but EVERY Democrat is a liar.

3. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

When Soros dies.....then we'll really have something.

That dude has spent billions trying to destroy this country.

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

5. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

His offspring have already taken the helm of his empire. Though the face of the Antichrist will die soon others are ready to fill his slot.

6. ArtyGuy

ArtyGuy

From a life long conservative (me). I almost never agreed with her opinions. But I respect the hell out of her accomplishments and intelligence; more importantly her toughness. She fought an uphill battle. Politics divides people far too much. I don’t agree with my wife all the time, but I love her to death. My son will tell anyone I’m too hard on him (I’m retired military), but as I tell him, “I’m not only your biggest critic, I’m your biggest supporter.”

I spent close to 28 years in the Army and have been all around the world. We live in the greatest country. RGB is one of the reasons why our country is so great.

7. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

100% agreed.

The only thing that a "Judicial Philosophy " should consist of is whether the plain text of a piece of legislation conflicts or conforms to the plain text of the Constitution. For the vast majority of our history, that was the role of the Judiciary. That and maintaining the listed negative liberties of Uncle Sam versus the People.

I really don't know if our system is fixable without bloodshed anymore. I hope it is, but it's not looking too healthy right now.

MaverickDMD and n2g like this.
  8. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

She must have had some dirt on Hilary

billy_56081, Inyo Tim and Gray Dood like this.
  9. Vito

Vito

[QUOTE: I spent close to 28 years in the Army and have been all around the world. We live in the greatest country. RGB is one of the reasons why our country is so great.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think RBG is symptomatic of what is wrong with our country. As a judge, or justice their role is to interpret the law as it pertains to the specifics of the case in question. Not to create new law, to use arcane reasoning to often turn the intent of the writers of that law to its opposite.

Our Constitution is just a document without any intrinsic power to control or regulate our society. What gives it power is the commitment of honorable people to its legitimacy as the highest law of the land, the ultimate legal authority. The commitment was give by our Founding Fathers by the oath that they took, and elected officials still take today regarding the role of our Constitution. But in those days of our founding, oaths really mattered. Adherence to an oath that one swore to was a matter of honor, and honor was more important even than life.

So while throughout our history there has been disagreements on policy, tactics, and even national values, the Constitution stands as the ultimate tool for resolution of those disagreements, and its word is final. Further, our Constitution did something that no legal system before had ever even attempted. Rather than prescribing the behavior and legality of the subjects of the government, it made the People sovereign, and the Bill of Rights limited the power of the government to impede the People. When RBG and her fellow Leftists sought to impose their personal political agendas upon the nation, as if they were the Congress, the Executive as well as the Judicial branch, they violated the very essence of the Constitution. Their arrogance in refusing to acknowledge the authority of the Constitution where it grants rights and protections than the Leftist disagree with, they violated their oath and chipped away at the very basis for the success of our nation and its values.

They also created rights that they believed were needed, without regard to their absence in the Constitution and without regard for the reality that the Congress did not enact laws to create such rights. For example, nowhere in the Constitution is their a right to privacy. The Court inferred such a right from other provisions such as the right to be free from unlawful searches of our persons and homes. And then these activists went a step further, using this inferred right to create an even more far fetched right, that of a woman to kill their unborn child. The Court should have deferred this issue entirely to the branches of government responsible for the creation and passage of law, but Justices like RBG acted as if they were not only superior to the Congress and the President, but superior to the Constitution itself.

Democrats today see this type of judicial role as proper because it allows for the creation of law by shortcut or even where it is opposed by those with the legal power to create law. RBG and her fellow Leftists were and are a plague on this nation and must be stopped and silences and certainly not praised and admired.

10. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

While I agree with almost all of what you said, it's not 100% Democrat or Left phenomenon.

For example, the expansion of police powers from Terry vs Ohio allowing stop and frisk based on an officers reasonable suspicion, has greatly expanded to where now, for a traffic offence, you can be handcuffed, searched, and humiliated in front of your neighbors in the name of officer safety. And I say this as a retired LEO. No Knock Warrants are another example. And there are some others too.

You can thank the Right for those.

Are those "reasonable " searches? Are the People secure? Nope, and they plainly reduce 4th Amendment protections, for ALL of us, imo.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    syntaxerrorsix and Inyo Tim like this.
  11. ArtyGuy

ArtyGuy

I disagree. I think RBG is symptomatic of what is wrong with our country. As a judge, or justice their role is to interpret the law as it pertains to the specifics of the case in question. Not to create new law, to use arcane reasoning to often turn the intent of the writers of that law to its opposite.

Our Constitution is just a document without any intrinsic power to control or regulate our society. What gives it power is the commitment of honorable people to its legitimacy as the highest law of the land, the ultimate legal authority. The commitment was give by our Founding Fathers by the oath that they took, and elected officials still take today regarding the role of our Constitution. But in those days of our founding, oaths really mattered. Adherence to an oath that one swore to was a matter of honor, and honor was more important even than life.

So while throughout our history there has been disagreements on policy, tactics, and even national values, the Constitution stands as the ultimate tool for resolution of those disagreements, and its word is final. Further, our Constitution did something that no legal system before had ever even attempted. Rather than prescribing the behavior and legality of the subjects of the government, it made the People sovereign, and the Bill of Rights limited the power of the government to impede the People. When RBG and her fellow Leftists sought to impose their personal political agendas upon the nation, as if they were the Congress, the Executive as well as the Judicial branch, they violated the very essence of the Constitution. Their arrogance in refusing to acknowledge the authority of the Constitution where it grants rights and protections than the Leftist disagree with, they violated their oath and chipped away at the very basis for the success of our nation and its values.

They also created rights that they believed were needed, without regard to their absence in the Constitution and without regard for the reality that the Congress did not enact laws to create such rights. For example, nowhere in the Constitution is their a right to privacy. The Court inferred such a right from other provisions such as the right to be free from unlawful searches of our persons and homes. And then these activists went a step further, using this inferred right to create an even more far fetched right, that of a woman to kill their unborn child. The Court should have deferred this issue entirely to the branches of government responsible for the creation and passage of law, but Justices like RBG acted as if they were not only superior to the Congress and the President, but superior to the Constitution itself.

Democrats today see this type of judicial role as proper because it allows for the creation of law by shortcut or even where it is opposed by those with the legal power to create law. RBG and her fellow Leftists were and are a plague on this nation and must be stopped and silences and certainly not praised and admired.[/QUOTE]

I respect your service but I disagree. I don’t have any daughters, but for those that do, they are indebted to her opinions. Regardless of political beliefs, you’re a dad first. YMMV.

12. ArtyGuy

ArtyGuy

Democrats today see this type of judicial role as proper because it allows for the creation of law by shortcut or even where it is opposed by those with the legal power to create law. RBG and her fellow Leftists were and are a plague on this nation and must be stopped and silences and certainly not praised and admired.[/QUOTE]

I respect your service but I disagree. I don’t have any daughters, but for those that do, they are indebted to her opinions. Regardless of political beliefs, you’re a dad first. YMMV.

13. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

I have a visceral hatred for anyone who does not love this country. I think she proved that to me many times by making the law of the land match her liberal and feminist views rather than making laws based on case law and precedent..

The fact that she tried to cheat death a few more months in hope of getting a Demo president instead of retiring years ago under Obama just reinforces that belief.

I do not celebrate her death, but I am sure happy she is not around to screw up this country any more.

14. MaverickDMD

MaverickDMD

I take it you're single.

15. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 ???

Well, under Obama, the Republicans followed the ‘Biden’ rule of not confirming a judge during a lame duck administration. Trump will most likely be re-elected so he’s far from a lame duck.

I say they go all out and ram a constitutionalist into her spot BEFORE the election. Kiole quoted Cruz but Cruz has said they need to do it now, because they can’t have a 4-4 court in case of election issues.

16. tool-time

tool-time

Abortions make the US great?

17. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Obama said the same thing when he was in this same position.

spork likes this.
  18. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 ???

After the crap they pulled on Kavanaugh, they can go pound sand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ArtyGuy

ArtyGuy

Not what I was referring to, but telling a TV personality, “grabbing them by the *****”, is? And being on tape saying down playing COVID is also good? At some point, at least for me, my love for our country superseded a political affiliation. YMMV.

tacit mesa likes this.
  20. tacit mesa

tacit mesa

Soros Derangement Syndrome

cyberghostx13 likes this.