GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
According to her grieving family she died of cancer.

·
NRA Life Member
63,390 Posts
According to her grieving family she died of cancer.
So did Kenny Rogers, but the press spelled it "complications from COVID 19."

·
Registered
42,445 Posts
So did Kenny Rogers, but the press spelled it "complications from COVID 19."
I don't get it.

Rogers died of natural causes and I don't recall the media mentioning Covid.

Reactions: jame

·
NRA Life Member
63,390 Posts
I don't get it.

Rogers died of natural causes and I don't recall the media mentioning Covid.
Yes, there were several articles saying he died from "complications from COVID 19" I first noticed it when I was looking at a list of daily birthdays of famous musicians that said he had died from COVID 19 this year and I thought "hey, I don't remember that." Turns out, they did say that, but some more reading showed that he certainly died from bladder cancer in hospice care.

Looking back at the articles now, it may have been a legitimate mistake, since most articles say he "died of natural causes " and "due to the coronavirus pandemic" the family was doing whatever with his funeral. Some probably combined those into "died due to coronavirus." Wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional.

Reactions: CAcop and Dave514

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
RBG was out of step with the other judges in history of the SCOTUS, she said too much political, hate Trump 7 was vocal about it, and IMHO was classless. Not SCOTUS material. Pancreatic Cancer never ends will, it is like being condemned to death.

Hope Trump replaces her with a person like Kavanaugh, classy, bright, and someone who understand Constitution of the USA.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
RBG was out of step with the other judges in history of the SCOTUS, she said too much political, hate Trump 7 was vocal about it, and IMHO was classless. Not SCOTUS material. Pancreatic Cancer never ends will, it is like being condemned to death.

Hope Trump replaces her with a person like Kavanaugh, classy, bright, and someone who understand Constitution of the USA.
She knew her days were numbered and this allowed her to speak so openly against Trump. This along with her past voting record should be enough to nominate the next judge immediately. Trump I think knew this was coming soon and may have been a reason on the timing of his list of potential judges.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
.... Trump I think knew this was coming soon and may have been a reason on the timing of his list of potential judges.
i think so.

I don't think health status of a Supreme Court justice can really be a secret when that justice had been known of poor health. It's not published for all to read, but at the same time, people talk in DC even medical professionals.

My only curiosity is whether she died naturally, as in Scalia died with a pillow case over his head.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts