Raw Diets

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by thejackbull45, Nov 20, 2005.

1. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

Anyone every try a raw diet for your dog? How good does it work?

2. HarlDane

HarlDane

I am seriously looking into it, it seems like it would be the ideal way to feed your pet. I just need a chest freezer now :)

3. Jaegergirl

Jaegergirl Proud2BAmerican

i friend of mine's 6 year old rottweiler has never had one kibble of dog food....she's been on raw here whole life. dogs really thrive on a raw diet but it's definately not for everyone.

here's a website with lots of helpful information. several rottie owners i know following the advice given on the site....

http://www.barfworld.com/

here's a book that many have found helpful (i have met the author and "know" her from another internet forum).

http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=DN208

i have considered feeding raw myself but haven't had the time to sit down and figure it all out. right now, however, i feed my dog a frozen chicken leg quarter in the morning and 2 cups (half of the suggested serving) of dog food in the evening and i tell ya what, i can really tell difference in his coat and skin when he gets the chicken/dog food vs. just dog food alone (no matter what brand of food i've tried).

hope the information has been somewhat helpful. good luck.

:)

4. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

Ive done some research, talked to some people. A lot of conflicting information. One raw maker says one thing, another raw maker saws the first is all wrong. I wont be going raw anytime soon.