close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

RAW DEAL with glockumup

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by WILDMAN1159, Feb 17, 2005.

1. WILDMAN1159

WILDMAN1159

I recently had my first bad experience with online purchases and wanted to get your opinions on this sour event. Who was in the wrong? Me, the potential buyer or glockumup, the seller?
    These are the email contacts as they transpired:last to first.

Danny...Well thats to bad for you.I said to contact me before sending monies,someone else said they would take it,something you did not do,you knew you were not the only one after this gun,somebody said yes before you did,i dont give TWO ****S if you say anything bad about me on GT,your the person who sends money without confirming gun is still available,your STUPIDITY is not my fault,and i will send your money back...i am not a crook.Have a good day,Troy

WILDMAN <wildman1159@charter.net> wrote:

Troy, I should have known when you said that I was second in line for the gun that you meant MAYBE. My wife sent an email this morning when she checked my email at 9:30. She informed you that the M/O was going out in the mail TODAY. You were aware that I had to contact my customer first to get his approoval on the shotgun. As soon as He saw the picture at work this morning he told me to get it. I then called my wife and asked her to let you know and get the M/O in the mail.... Well, You now have a M/O in the mail on its way to you. I TRUST you will send it back. I do not know your history of sales on the GLOCKTALK boards, so I can not speak for the past. But, I can speak for the present. I will not leave good word for my dealings with you on the G/T boards. When a customer says " I'LL TAKE IT" I will not sell it to someone else until ! HE says so or after he has been given a period of time to come up with the cash. Needless to say, I am a little miffed as now I have to tell my customer the gun is not available after I told him it was available. Thanks, WILDMAN aka Danny OWNER: Liberty Gun Works

Troy Seemann wrote:

> Danny...make sure you contact me before sending funds,in case others buy first,Thanks,Troy.
    >
    > WILDMAN <wildman1159@charter.net> wrote:
    >
    > Troy, I will show the picture to my customer in the morning and if he likes what he sees, I will send out a M/O in the mail tomorrow with the FFL. Thanks, WILDMAN aka Danny
    >
    > Troy Seemann wrote:
    >
    >> 20" barrel,full tube..it is either 7+1...or 8+1,have not filled up to full capacity,sorry that is all i know,Troy.
    >>
    >> WILDMAN <wildman1159@charter.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> Troy, Forgive me for asking again, but I would like a positive answer on the barrel length and capacity of magazine. My customer is picky and already is leary about internet purchases. I hope you understand. Thanks, WILDMAN aka Danny
    >>
    >> Troy Seemann wrote:
    >>
    >>> Danny...very good cond,probrably 95%,some light scratches,no rust,2nd owner,i have shot less than a box thru it,i think the other guy shot a few boxes thru it.$165 shipped...send ink signed FFL, and postal money order to : Troy Seemann
    >>> HE left his address here in this spot
    >>>
    >>> WILDMAN <wildman1159@charter.net> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hey Cool, If this is a 20" or less model with the pistol grip stock and ghost ring sights, Yes I will take it. Please send a picture via the emails and give a short history on the shotgun. Please give details . I can send a copy of my FFL and payment as soon as you send an address to send it to. The shotgun will be sent to Liberty Gun Works, 2020 Bull Run Rd., Schriever, Louisiana 70395 Thanks, WILDMAN aka Danny Owner : Liberty Gun Works
    >>>
    >>> seemann1967@yahoo.com wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>This is a message from glockumup at Glock Talk ( http://glocktalk.com/index.php ). The Glock Talk owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>To email glockumup, you can use this online form:
    >>>>
    >>>>http://glocktalk.com/member.php?action=mailform&userid=38994
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>OR, by email:
    >>>>
    >>>>mailto:seemann1967@yahoo.com
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>This is the message:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>if you still want mossy,and your FFL can accept guns from individuals,it is still available,Thanks,Troy.
    >>>>
    >>>>

2. SilverState

SilverState

Gockumup is bad news. He has no word. He told me in no uncertain terms that pistol I was selling was "sold" and asked if I "took paypal"? I responded yes I do take paypal.

He then decides, after he posted on my thread that my pistol was sold, that he does not want to buy it.

My feeling is that if you don't want it, that's fine. But don't tell me and everyone else that you are buying it if you are not. In copycat fashion, the next guy that posted to my thread did the same thing, i.e. he said it was sold and posted on my thread that it was sold, and then backed out. Following that, a third guy said he wanted to do a face to face on a particular date (when he was in Vegas). I contacted him right before that date, and have not heard from him.

WTF? What's up with these lookie lews? People need to make a decision, one way or the other, and then keep their promises. Not maybe or we'll see in a while, or yes and then the next day no, just make a decision and stick to it.

3. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

I've had people back out on me. It's irritating, but it's part of selling. I've backed out of selling and buying, it happens. Just part of buying/selling onlilne. I've had people get mad at me, some folks think they're special.

It all boils down to we have the right to sell/buy to whomever we please.

4. WILDMAN1159

WILDMAN1159

You are correct. You have the right to sell to anyone you choose. Just as I have the right to possess INTEGRITY which very few people even know exist. Especially when it comes to the almighty dollar. I guess I am just from the OLD school where a hand shake is a Man's word and a Man's word means just that, His word.
    Sorry for venting..........

5. SilverState

SilverState

striderglock,

A person's reputation is very important when conducting internet business. When I say I am going to sell something, my word is gold. I won't back out (even if I later realize I could have asked for more). Similarly, when someone says in no uncertain terms that they will buy what I am selling, we have a deal. The buyer should not back out. Once you have a deal, both parties must perform according to the deal. I must send the item to the buyer and the item must be as described. The buyer must send the money to purchase the item.

It is that simple. A deal is a deal. And when people back out of deals, their reputation is adversely affected (rightly so). It's not about being special, it is that since we cannot meet and we don't always know each other's peers, we must depend on a person's reputation to determine if we can trust them. It's like the boy that cried wolf one too many times. There comes a time when people won't trust you any more.

I have sold some things on another board and have nothing but positive feedback (trader rating). On ebay, same thing, nothing but postive feedback. On gunbroker, same thing, nothing but postive feedback. Because I understand that a deal is a deal - it is not a difficult concept - it's called honor.