Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An IWB hoslter is one of those items you wish you could use for 30 day before buying.
Has anyone tried both the RCS EIDOLON or VANGAURD 2, and can compare them?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I have the eidolon, don't use it any longer but it's nice works as intended, love the way it conceals need to sell it though LOL I've since moved to another brand that fits me better...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I did exactly that. Bought both the Vanguard 2 (full kit w/ the claw) as well as the Eidolon for the G17, the ambi model with lower slide guard area on both front and back, full coverage on the muzzle (i.e. not the G19 length open bottom).

The Eidolon IMO is way way more comfortable. Not that I didn't like the Vanguard, it worked fine, but the claw didn't pull it in enough and having no material around the slide made it cant in at the muzzle too far. No comfort issues w/ the Vanguard. On the Vanguard there also was no tension adjustment ability obviously. I could have heated it up and loosened it up some I gues, but it was definitely tight and required quite a hard yank to draw.

The Eidolon with the wedge and claw worked MUCH better to pull the gun into my gut and make it disappear in AIWB position. Tension adjustment works great. Easier to reholster, but since I run AIWB I personally end up pulling even the Eidolon out to reholster, for safety sake. But you definitely have to (and should) pull the Vanguard out to reholster. Another advantage to the Eidolon.

Both support loops or clips, so a draw there. But the Eidolon can run w/ a single or double loop/clip. Vanguard only 1. I run my G17 with a single clip on the Eidolon and it works just fine, so not sure the single vs double matters, but YMMV on that due to personal preference.

So I definitely recommend the Eidolon. Vanguard is fine, but I returned mine and kept the Eidolon.

If there are other questions or comparisons you'd like to ask about, I'll try and answer. Just shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts