GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there is a way to heat these holsters up to make them fit better but I’m not sure how, any input would be appreciated.
It’s a kydex holster for my Glock and it was way loose so I sent it back. They fixed it a little by screwing down the tension screw tight. Now instead of rattling real bad it just pops while walking, really annoying and harder to draw than my others.
It seems the dimples that hold on to the trigger guard and the bottom of the holster is out of spec.
I think if I could heat it and press the dimples in more it would fix it.

·
M62/76
12,279 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s a Vedder Light Tuck. I started buying them a while back and have five that have a great fit, this one not so much.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Vedder has a money back return policy. Call them up and have them send a new holster or just send it back and get your money back!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^When I contacted them the only option was to send it in for repair.

·
Federal Member
29,357 Posts
Put your glock in the holster then throw it in the dryer on high for 60 minutes. Wait, that's a terrible idea. Never mind.
:rofl:

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,841 Posts
Get one from Bravo Concealment.

Reactions: G19 fan

·
Anti-Federalist
19,612 Posts
It’s a Vedder Light Tuck. I started buying them a while back and have five that have a great fit, this one not so much.

The Vedder LT is the only Kydex holster I have with issues. Mine has very little retention even cranked all the way down. You won't be able to heat your holster up but you may be able to use some mole skin to alleviate some of the slop.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first five Vedder holsters fit great with no slop but this one was like it was made for another gun, not my Glock. They were going to refund me but changed their mind and said to send it back to them to fix it.
What gets me is they just cranked the tension screw down tight and sent it back to me. That wasn’t worth the trip to the post office or the postage. Even with the screw set tight it still doesn’t lock in like my other Vedder holsters without rattling, you can tell it doesn’t fit right. It isn’t like I don’t have other Vedder holsters to compare it to.
They had the chance to replace it and didn’t, I’m done with Vedder holsters.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,612 Posts
The first five Vedder holsters fit great with no slop but this one was like it was made for another gun, not my Glock. They were going to refund me but changed their mind and said to send it back to them to fix it.
What gets me is they just cranked the tension screw down tight and sent it back to me. That wasn’t worth the trip to the post office or the postage. Even with the screw set tight it still doesn’t lock in like my other Vedder holsters without rattling, you can tell it doesn’t fit right. It isn’t like I don’t have other Vedder holsters to compare it to.
They had the chance to replace it and didn’t, I’m done with Vedder holsters.

That's kinda how I feel. It was $90 mistake. The hardware and holes didn't even line up with mine. I had to oversize the holes to adjust the ride height. Whoever assembled it had to know it was wrong but sent it out the door regardless.

·
Registered
324 Posts
From their website:
https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/?msclkid=05826c7e9e7e119daebf33e0a7211723&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing - Shopping&utm_term=4586612756991825&utm_content=Ad group #1
"We want you to love your holster and use it for as long as you choose to carry your gun. We don’t want you to need a box of holsters, which is why we back all of our holsters by our 30 day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty."

If you complained within the first 30 days and it still ain't right then demand they refund or start over with a new one. If they give pushback then advise them of this thread as well.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,612 Posts
From their website:
https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/?msclkid=05826c7e9e7e119daebf33e0a7211723&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing - Shopping&utm_term=4586612756991825&utm_content=Ad group #1

We want you to love your holster and use it for as long as you choose to carry your gun. We don’t want you to need a box of holsters, which is why we back all of our holsters by our 30 day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty.

If you complained within the first 30 days and it still ain't right then demand they refund or start over with a new one.

I modded mine myself to get it to some semblance of usability. I'll bet that voided the warranty. For the amount of money they command they only get one chance with me. I could have lived with the retention issue but to have someone hand assemble a jacked up rig and send it out as good is a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
35,447 Posts
I guess first thought is did you order & did they send the right holster? A hair dryer on high or paint stripping heat gun on low will allow you to tighten it up for perfect fit. Gun I , heat the holster up & press the kydex into place while it cools. Do small areas at a time.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess first thought is did you order & did they send the right holster? A hair dryer on high or paint stripping heat gun on low will allow you to tighten it up for perfect fit. Gun I , heat the holster up & press the kydex into place while it cools. Do small areas at a time.
I think they thought that might be the case also but once they had the holster they knew it was the right holster.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts