Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts
And he claims his Los Angeles Experience was many years ago, quite a lot of accomplishments for someone who pic looks like late twenties earlier thirties tops.
Yeah but look at you, you only look to be in your early eighties! :supergrin::wavey:

So.....here's a thought.

Being that a number of cops are gun guys, and spend an inordinate amount of time and money on guns and related gear -

Would it be inappropriate to ensure that the public safety community in a certain town knew how one of the business owners felt about law enforcement? I'm posting from a tablet, and still learning it - and my laptop is kaput for now.....but, im sure there some folks out there with a bit more time and such....

Hey, turnabout is fair play....I've been called to IA for my 'net postings after a self-important ****** who thought the fact he had money meant something complained about me.....he was so damn sure I'd used official sources in finding out where he lives, worked, about his divorce, etc.

Dummy didnt realize that he posted that stuff all online...and under a rather distinctive username that was easy to find - nor he did realize that, on a good night of working off duty, four out of my five hours working are spent playing on my phone/tablet. Thus, leaving me plenty of time to surf the web in search of ******ness....

And, to my boss's credit - the guy wanted an apology, and my chief told him it wasn't happening.

Forgot to add -

Hi ton the following:

LT. Eggars
Sgt. Joyner
Sgt. Heacock

Hope you guys are doing well, and I'm enjoying my vacation. I may have to register at a few more forums, just to give you guys somewhere else to follow me around at....oh, and if you're reading, too - hi, Mr. Bolton. :wavey: (he's our agency head)

"Mister"?

Always nice having greater law enforcement authority than the top dog.

"Mister"?

Always nice having greater law enforcement authority than the top dog.
Don't ask....

Short version - audit done years ago recommended civilian attire for command, since we were too "police oriented" since then, job title for chief changed to director, and they wear suits/business casual. Nothing else changed, not job description or statutory authority. Just more pc run amok.

And he claims his Los Angeles Experience was many years ago, quite a lot of accomplishments for someone who pic looks like late twenties earlier thirties tops.
Hey! Don't discount the achievements of youth, ole ancient one!

By the time I hit 30, I already had my doctorate from a real brick and mortar school!

But in his case, yeah, he's a ******. It's not hard to verify even in LAPD. They have ~700 reserves and any real reserve can tell you their station and reserve coordinator. Tell him to name it via PM if he wants. SAR can easily verify it.

Hey! Don't discount the achievements of youth, ole ancient one!

By the time I hit 30, I already had my doctorate from a real brick and mortar school!
And here I thought all you had was a BS degree.

:whistling: :rofl:

Well, perhaps he was a reserve or maybe he wasn't. One of the biggest problems we have locally in this vein are the perceptions of our brother law enforcement officers who have very little experience. I am referring to police officers with less than five years on the job, and yes, reserves who work one weekend a month.

I cannot tell you the number of times, a veteran officer was "ratted out" by his boot, only to find out it was the rookie's own misconceptions about law enforcement that skewed the facts in his mind. What a rookie sees as egregious law enforcement behavior is not necessarily that.
The same thing happened up in Oakland a few years ago. A trainee, who had grown up in a serene Rockwell-esque town, could not adjust to working in the ghetto and was, naturally, struggling. Once it became apparent that he wasn't going to be a cop much longer, he claimed to have witnessed a bunch of egregious behavior by his FTOs. The subsequent jury trial, where the officers were cleared, proved the rookie to be a liar.
http://www.rlslawyers.com/pdfs/newsletter_riders_9_03.pdf

The same thing happened up in Oakland a few years ago. A trainee, who had grown up in a serene Rockwell-esque town, could not adjust to working in the ghetto and was, naturally, struggling. Once it became apparent that he wasn't going to be a cop much longer, he claimed to have witnessed a bunch of egregious behavior by his FTOs. The subsequent jury trial, where the officers were cleared, proved the rookie to be a liar.
http://www.rlslawyers.com/pdfs/newsletter_riders_9_03.pdf
We get that. All of a sudden they file workers comp (for employment protection) or a complaint against the supervisor (so they can claim the termination is retaliatory) or the females file sexual harassment. I swear there is a bad employees handbook out there.

I love whistle blower/retaliation complaints.

We had a guy who is out the door and he cited all kinds of wrong law and sent copies to every regulatory agency out there asking for help and also to protect him under the whistle blower statutes. Well, he didn't bother to read the law he cites backs up our practice and many places do it.

I agree. You are older than the Crypt Keeper but he ain't nowhere near you in appearance. It's all the cigarettes, I tell ya!

Rumor has it that Dragoon is only 21 years old. That's what smoking does to you. :tongueout:

I am so using that at work!

Does this mean ya still love me? :rofl:

Woo--ain't there nothin' you can take?
I say, woo--to relieve your belly ache,
You say, well woo--ain't there nothin' I can take?
I say woo--woo, to relieve your belly ache,
You say yow--ain't there nothin' I can take,

I say wow--to relieve this belly ache,
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,"
I said, "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,"
I said, "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take,"
I said, "Doctor you're such a silly woman.

Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both together,
Put the lime in the coconut, and you'll feel better,
Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em bot' up,
Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.

In your last response to me, you posted that you were going to bury me so deep on your "ignore" list that you would never see my posts again. So what happened? Couldn't keep away from my sweetness, could you? :)
I decided to take a more proactive approach to ignoring you.

Anyway, a LEO doing nothing is the worst of all possibilities. Especially if there is a crowd watching.
I thought we were talking about one woman, one LEO, and one court appointed repossessor. Sometimes "doing nothing" is not the default but rather the chosen action.

I walked away from a DEA career over a fellow S/A stealing from a suspect.

Break a law of G-d or a serious law of Man and I would not tolerate it.

The only time I ever allowed any slack was for minor traffic offenses - and that privilege was extended to citizens as well.

I left my previous department due to similar circumstances. It left me with a pretty sour view of LE that took me a while to work through. Its been tough trying to find another gig in this economy.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.