Rather than have a civil discussion, a subset...chooses to make fun, ridicule, etc.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by RussP, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

CD was enamored of his pet theory that Atheism is a religion. He could hardly participate in a thread without making it about that. He trolled us with that every chance he had. Yup, some of the conversations got rather heated. But he was hardly innocent and "attacked" is a pretty strong word to use to describe one whom brought it on himself

My feeling has always been that if you post here you should know that there are going to be people here who do not believe as you do and will challenge you to defend statements you make. If you can't handle that than maybe you should just watch from the safety of the sidelines.

2. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

Watching from the sidelines wouldn't be much fun without the 'players' would it?

You might remember that I played the game, I have some insight.

Then I got sick of the games, that's not me.

3. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

BTW: I don't suppose you'd see his thoughtful insight about conversations here as a contribution.

4. Lone Wolf8634

If isn't your cup of tea then by all means do not participate. I'm sure there are other religious forums that will censor those who disagree.

Since Russ has stepped in I realized some of my behavior has been inappropriate and counterproductive. So I have attempted to stop being as confrontational and stick with subject in order to avoid "attacking" people personally.

I have had some success and some failure. But in my defense, I believe I have shown a commendable restraint in the last little while.

5. Lone Wolf8634

In all honesty, the only "thoughtful insight " I have witnessed from CD is when he is puzzling out the best way to turn the course of the conversation toward his pet subject.

6. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

7. Lone Wolf8634

So now you use texts out of context to try to make your point?

Charming. Next time try just saying it yourself instead of using others words out of context.

And in answer to your poor choice of response, you and I are going to have to disagree, CD is a one trick pony.

Dave514 likes this.
  8. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

I's just trying to get you to speak your mind.

See ya around. :wavey:

9. Lone Wolf8634

I dunno if you have ever noticed, but I have no problem speaking my mind.

10. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

And with that ↑ you have the last word. :supergrin:

11. Lone Wolf8634

Now I do:dancing:

12. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

The incessant trolling here was the cause of the reaction he got from the atheists.

I've run into others in other sub forums that seemed to be surprised at the low opinion of him back when he was in full bloom in RI before he was ousted, so I always assumed he behaved himself everywhere else besides RI, I thought he was just banned from RI until he showed up with a new username.

He got a bug up his butt in RI for some reason and couldn't control himself here. Fixated on one subject based on a definition that was clearly a misrepresentation, couldn't let it go. When his megathread on it got locked he tried to divert every thread to that topic. Said some wildly inappropriate stuff about people that you had to see to believe, which was quickly scrubbed by the mods and everyone assumed was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think you have the who attacked whom reversed. He was no innocent baby seal that wandered into RI to be set upon by the evil atheists. Things got heated on both sides, but there was only one casualty when the smoke cleared.

He was even given a second chance here, but that didn't last long. Couldn't let it go.

Randy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

13. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

Some of us have a better insight, and some (of us) are well aware of the twisting of words that has taken place here in this forum.

It's the twisting of words/game playing and/or totally poor reading comprehension that lead to me being discussed with the team of atheists that participate here.

But on the bright side - I have a thicker skin. :wavey:

14. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Not trolling, but a frank opinion; if there was ever a forum on GT that needs closing, deletion and a ban on further discussion of the topic, it's Religious Issues. This place is nothing but a cesspool of antagonistic purse swinging. Of course, it brings traffic to a purely profit driven, money making website, so there is zero chance of that...

EvilWayz and FinallyGlock like this.
  15. GTAdmin

GTAdmin Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's not about profit. It's about providing a service people want and utilize. My goal as an admin is to run a happy and productive community and most sites I run have a RI of some sort on them. That's what people want to talk about it seems.

16. Dave514

Dave514

Well, you can either have a place for those discussions or you can run around trying to put out fires throughout all other parts of the forum when they come up. At least now you can move them to GTRI.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  17. GTAdmin

GTAdmin Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yup, that's the way I see it. If we don't allow it it will come out somewhere.

18. robbcayman

robbcayman

I understand that, but I think it works both ways. It's no fun being censored and restrained on a forum within reason. No adult wants to deal with a hall pass monitor admin. That level of restriction has lead many good members to leave. However, these members must realize respect is a 2 way street.

I don't think there should be a billion rules. To me, the main rule that should be enforced is no name calling. Express your views and realize not everyone will agree and that is ok. Don't allow members to outright abuse other members.

For me personally, I could care less if my thread is "hi-jacked." That's the nature of human conversation. It tends to drift away and that is good for the site in my eyes. It creates more content and that keeps more people interested in coming here. Just my thoughts. -Ryan

OldSchool64 likes this.
  19. FinallyGlock

FinallyGlock

That has to be the BEST (and funniest) comment I've read on the internet all year. Easily the best on GT or GTRI. And its October. Kudos to you sir. You are now my favorite GT/GTRI member, with Dave514 coming in a close second.

I'm still chuckling at the mental image it invokes.

Can I make that my tag-line if I credit you?

OMCHamlin likes this.
  20. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

sure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.