Rather than have a civil discussion, a subset...chooses to make fun, ridicule, etc.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by RussP, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziggy2525

ziggy2525

In the whole scope of a discussion, wouldn't it be better grammar if you're going to quote Shakespeare that you put it in quotes, attribute it, and say who you think the fools in the forest are.

2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Question: Would you move to Detroit and participate in discussions on Detroit government?

3. RichardB

RichardB Matthew 25:31-46

The fools? Probably all of us who dream of civil exchanges all the time on topics so loaded as politics or religion. Mea Culpa.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4. RussP

Okay, for anyone else wanting to troll here, please don't try it.

Thanks...

OldSchool64 likes this.
  5. GTAdmin

GTAdmin Staff Member Admin Moderator

Alright guys lots to say here but I'm going to keep it simple.

If a thread goes off topic, you think you're being trolled, or any other issue appears please use the report feature. This allows the team to dsicuss it and make a ruling on how it should best be handled.

We're not always going to get it right, we're humans with beliefs too, but we really try to be objective in our determinations.

So, if you see something report it. Don't fall for troll bait either. Just report the troll and we'll get it squared away.

Sound good?

light-switch likes this.
  6. FinallyGlock

FinallyGlock

Sounds like an awesome plan to me.

7. RussP

Thanks for all your contributions. As Austin said, and I said in Post #40, use the report feature to alert us.

Please remember this. If a post is worth reporting. it is not worth responding to on the open forum. Let us deal with it.

Again, Thanks for all your opinions, ideas, suggestions and criticisms. Gathering this information and letting members see how others think was the goal.

8. fastbolt

fastbolt

Nice summation. Wish it wasn't the case, but I suspect you're more right than not.

9. F14A

F14A

Oh come on, lunatics?
    61ae82c9ccf2d5e0f0cd4304382faab5.jpg

10. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Thick skin: Check
    Heart not on sleeve: Check
    Back button: Check
    Ignore list: Check
    Exit button: Check
    Responsible for what I read & write: Check

I don't see what the problem is.

fowl intent likes this.
  11. RussP

I'll post this again...
    I believe all y'all can achieve that level of civility which encourages spirited discussions.

12. Iamaarmed

Iamaarmed

It is like a lot poker. If you do not know who the mark is. It is you.

If you don't see the problem then it is you.

13. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Would you care to elaborate how I affect the problem to you or this forum?

14. paparockcal

paparockcal

Everyone in my view is a free moral agent able to choose their own fate.

I have seen and experienced things in my 66 years on this earth that 99.5 percent of the people on this planet can not and or will not be able to accept. I am a Bible believing Christian but I am far form what you have any concept of what that means.

I have since I was a child always had one foot in this world and one foot in the spiritual world seeing things my piers could not. If you have ever read any of Whitley Strieber's books like "Communion" then you have a small window into my early life as well as I was a member of "the school". The "they" I met and knew were not friendly "space brothers" or benevolent beings from advanced civilizations here to help us. My memories are not recovered by hypnosis. I remember them, what I saw. what I was told, and that is why I believe not in "aliens" from a galaxy far far away but in dimensions. It explains much of what people have seen and reported. I have no explanation for a buch of what I have observed much as a person in biblical times trying to describe seeing a "flying chariot of fire". As they say I have no "proof" only observation and a few scars. My wife had glowing triangles under her skin that researchers took photos and samplings of to try to analyze along with my four finger bruises on my arms and legs. My wife's father started off in the U.S. Army Air Corps and retired from the U.S. Air Force serving from WWII through Vietnam. He was one of the men that took those gun camera photos of UFOs that "never happened". Yes, I was a member of a research group for years. Lots of questions and very few answers flowing our way. I have my own opinions of what is really going on. What part is "them" and what part is "us" and "government". I knew and was just beginning to talk to Dr. Karla Turner when she "died" in what some view as mysterious circumstances.

15. fastbolt

fastbolt

I appreciate your posting, and your willingness to post it.

Yes, strange things have always occurred. Many people are fortunate (or unfortunate, as the case may be, from another perspective) not to have experienced them.

I only had an opportunity to listen to Dr Karla Turner in person once.

Such things can certainly create a desire to question established thinking and dogma, even if such questioning doesn't ever (or may seldom) yield the desired "answers".

A long, strange trip.

16. F14A

F14A

Interesting post.
    I'm not sure, just how free we are though. In your case, you certainly didn't choose to have these extraordinary events occur, am I correct? If this is the case, my question is were you a Christ believer before these events or did these things influence your study, then decision to believe in a creator? ( King James Bible Old & New Testament? )

17. EvilWayz

EvilWayz NVMQVAM IGNOSCERE, NVMQVAM OBLIVISCI

As an aside, Whitley Strieber wrote one of the better non-canon horror books on werewolves, The Wolfen.

brtarr likes this.
  18. Core781

Core781 NRA fo life!

Faith is submission to trust in what we believe in. We all have it, religion is not a requirement.

19. EvilWayz

EvilWayz NVMQVAM IGNOSCERE, NVMQVAM OBLIVISCI

No, faith is belief without need for proof.

ziggy2525 likes this.
  20. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

You have high hopes, as do I. But, I know the game playing that goes on here, and I've seen the results.

History should show that Cavalry Doc (who is now known as "Doc" Cavalry) was attacked by the atheist game players here, and after returning from a long leave of absence he is well liked and respected in the other forums here.

And I say that without putting my neck on the line.
    And you can like me or not. :supergrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.