Rate the latest movie you've watched

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by r3dot, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Basically, some nerd heard about how those kids made big bucks on a minimal budget with The Blair Witch Project and decided to remake it, but in Georgia, starring only himself. You could literally make this movie on a budget of $0, if you already owned a decent video recorder.

Still, it was pretty scary. Then again, I love almost any found-footage movie. I'll give it a 5/10.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The Dead - As if Africa wasn't awesome enough, the zombie apocalypse happens and an American mercenary, already there doing Africa stuff, if the only survivor when he evacuation flight crashes. He heads across some predictably awesome African desert area, meets up with an African soldier searching for his family and fights zombies, primitive roads, etc., as they try to make it somewhere.

Actually not too bad as zombie movies go. I'll give it a 6/10.

[​IMG]

3. unit1069

unit1069

Hoskins was the perfect body double for Khrushchev. They could have passed for twins at that period in history.

4. unit1069

unit1069

I'll have to finally take a peep at that movie (all the rage in high school). Hard to believe I've never watched it but now I'll make a point of seeing it. Just for the sheer pleasure of witnessing a Hollywood legend at her finest interpretation of a corpse.

5. 50 Cent

50 Cent

Tru 'dat -- didn't even think of that!

6. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

tenet - couldn't figure out what the fk was going down third of the time, but it was loud & bad ass...i think.

7. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Is that the one that's backward? Retrospective?

8. G19Gilly

G19Gilly

Just finished the "new" (non-80s) version of Red Dawn. Pretty good. Some deviations from the 80s version with Patrick Swayze. Still, it is some (somewhat) small towners who start with their handguns and deer rifles to defend their land by very small successes, capturing enemy weapons along the way. Eventually they're using the enemy's own Class III and explosive equipment against the enemy (North Korea), lead by Thor himself (Chris Hemsworth). Oddly, "Josh" (from early 2000s "Drake and Josh") is Thor's little brother, the temporary foil until he understands the gravity of their situation. Still, there is the underlying and undeniable foundation that citizens possessed various arms and thus could form a reasonable and growing and effective resistance to international invaders.

9. G19Gilly

G19Gilly

@Bullman , please elaborate. I've seen the trailer and this looks like a great movie, especially for 2020 insanity. What does "not too bad" mean? Is it worth seeing? What will be disappointing (without giving anything away)?

10. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

It will be worth seeing. I think it is a realistic movie thriller that could happen especially in todays environment. I thought it was good movie. Go watch it and get out of the house for a while. That was the best part of it.

11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

And if I was to have another odd thought on the movie is that the violence done on everyone is done without firearms. The only person to get shot is the bad guy by the police. Other than that, no gun violence.

12. G19Gilly

G19Gilly

Very nice....thank you. Can't wait to see it. I really don't like Hollywood Hypocracy with firearms in movies.

13. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

First Blood, for the 1000th time. I can never pass it up.

anyone who says Sly is not a serious actor is ignorant. It’s a masterpiece.

14. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

A couple yesterday.

“Outpost” from 2008, I think. On Amazon Prime. Not to be confused with “The Outpost.” Set in contemporary / Bosnian conflict era Eastern Europe, an engineer hires a team of mercenaries to seek out...something, which they discover in an isolated WWII era SS bunker / underground complex.

The SS isn’t happy. 6.5/10. Pretty good for what it is, actually. Clever idea.

“30 Days of Night.” The sun won’t come up over an isolated Alaskan town for a month, and folks who like the dark show up. Good contemporary vampire flic. Also on Amazon Prime. 6/10.

15. NitLion

NitLion

Gamera vs Viras
    Gamera tai uchu kaijû Bairasu (original title)

Steals a lot of footage from the first three movies. Made on a lower budget for sure...
    But it moves along and, like a train wreck, you can't look away! 5/10

16. Tvov

Tvov

I thought that was a good nazi/zombie movie, but it got low ratings.

What I found really interesting about the movie was that the thing that was being sought was based on the "Unified Field Theory". I had not long earlier learned about "Unified Field Theory", which Einstein had been working on as a sort of "Theory of Everything". Einstein supposedly stopped working on that, as he though humans were not ready for that level of power. Play creepy music now....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_field_theory

BigBluefish likes this.
  17. J_Rico

J_Rico

In Bruges. Like the cast. Reviews well. Maybe I was not in the mood. Sloooooow. About 40min in the wife says she wants to watch something else. I tried to finish it later and fell asleep. 3/10.

Reversal of Fortune. Interesting story and worth a look just for Jeremy Irons' performance. 7/10.

18. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

yeah, by same guy that directed inception if that gives an idea i.e., no restroom breaks. i think maybe age is beginning to creep up on me as well as excessively loud films are becoming a distraction.

19. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Sorcerer with Roy Scheider from the 70's. I had seen it before years ago, but the Mrs had not. We really enjoyed it. 8 out of 10.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    unit1069 and 1eyedjack01 like this.
  20. Tvov

Tvov

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who was not thrilled with that movie.