Rate the latest movie you've watched

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by r3dot, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Capone

Capone

Watched black and blue last night. 4 outa 10 maybe even a three. First scene black lady jogging gets pulled over by two white cops. Asking what are doing in my neighborhood. The main character the lady cop did pretty good job. But basically it’s about bad white cops with a couple black thrown in for good measure. Everyone in the movie hates the cops. She witnessed two dirty white cops and one dirty black cop kill a couple drug dealers. And they shoot her her vest saves her and they hunt her down. The store owner was a good dude and helped her. It was pretty boring really. With the typical cops are bad and the good decent gang bangers are good folk. That’s pretty much the movie. Don’t waste your time I did for you. Ah the hell with it I’m gonna go ahead and tell you she prevailed and killed the bad cops.

nrajeff likes this.
  2. Capone

Capone

Oh yeah watched zombie land two as well. Can’t decide if it was as good as the first. It was definitely worth the watch. Check it out if you liked the first one. Not gonna give any spoilers on this one.

Quigley likes this.

3. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Just watched A Star Is Born, the newest version, for the 3rd time.

Easy 10/10. Superb acting, story, and music.

gamboolman and nrajeff like this.
  4. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

the last full measure looks like it may be pretty good. may check it out tomorrow.

nrajeff likes this.
  5. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Warsaw 44, free on Amazon Prime. 9/10, a very well done movie!! The Russians and other eastern europeans have been making some good war movies. (You'll have to use subtitles unless you speak Polish). Waaaay better than 1917 which I also saw this week and would rate a solid 6/10.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  6. JHCJR

JHCJR

Hamburger Hill is up on Netflix. I know I’ve seen it, but didn’t remember much of it. Really good flick.

9/10

7th District, fx77 and Tvov like this.
  7. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

2017 = 3&1/2 *'s. Once upon a time in Hollywood = 3 *'s, "but thats cause I remember the time and culture". Judy = 2 1/2 *'s, just not told very well. The end was kind of nice tho, the poor girl/Lady was used like a dish rag.

8. Tvov

Tvov

"7 Minutes", 2014, free to watch on IMDB. Not bad, robbery movie filmed using the mixed up scene style... which is fine, but annoying these days, I'm getting tired of it. A "simple" robbery of an office of course goes really bad. One minor spoiler which I found unbelievable.... the police show up and don't surround the whole building - I don't care what police department it is, that's ridiculous. Also the movie makes out the robbers as not bad guys, but just down on their luck guys wanting a hand up in life - I am tired also of that justification for crime. Kris Kristofferson is in it in a couple very quick cameos, but of course they have him "on the cover". Anyways...

Probably 6 out of 10. Standard robbery gone bad.

nrajeff likes this.
  9. clancy

clancy

I watched The Search the other night. It's a heart breaking tale of the humanitarian crisis in Europe after the war, told through the eyes of a young GI, a boy who survived the camps, and his mother's(also a camp survivor) search for him.

I haven't seen it in decades and like the last time I saw it, it bought me to tears. It is every bit as good, in it's way, as Schindler's List.

nrajeff likes this.
  10. BradD

BradD

D Railed: 0/10

First movie I haven't finished in a long time.

11. Sfaql

Sfaql

12. light-switch

light-switch Back to work...

Gemini Man 7/10
    Government assassin Will Smith wants to retire, but his agency wants to tie some loose ends, forcing him to fight a younger version of himself.
    I'm so over Will Smith: same old acting and predictable storyline. Dude is not a good actor, always playing "himself" in every movie I've seen him in.

The more I watch guys like him act, the more I appreciate guys like Joaquin Phoenix, Leo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, and even weirdo Kevin Spacey: actors able to play a broad range of completely different characters and emotions. Unlike the Robert DeNiro, George Clooney, Harrison Ford, Nicolas Cage, etc. where all their roles kinda act similar.

13. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance

Zombieland: Double Tap - 7/10

TBO likes this.
  14. J_Rico

J_Rico

1917 7/10.

Silly premise. But, I understand that some movies require an "I believe" button.

Well shot. Well acted. Was very impressed with how well the main character handles that SMLE. He clearly practiced.

A little too artsy, but better than Dunkirk. Not as good as Midway.

15. Toocool45

Toocool45

John Wick 2 rated a 8. "What have you done........ Finished it" !!!

7th District and nrajeff like this.
  16. Beendare

Beendare Stick and String, SME, NRA life member

"The Gentleman"...new guy Ritchie flick a 4 out of 5...its really good as long as you can tolerate foul language.

They must have used the 'C' word 100times...or more. Then be ready for your buddy to call you a C in front of your wives 5 times in the car ride home. ...its actually funny how they say it....more like can't.

17. Tvov

Tvov

"The Magnificent Seven" - the classic western with Yul Brynner, 1960 I think?

8-9 out of 10.

Great movie. Yes, some of the filming and acting is a bit "dated", but great stuff anyways. Long movie, over 2 hours. Yul Brynners "gunslinger walk" is hard to describe, and I think very much conveys "This guy is a bada**"...

7 down on their luck gunmen help a small Mexican farm village fight off a large group of bad guys. A great scene in it is when Charles Bronson is sitting with 3 young boys who are complaining that their farmer fathers are cowards... and Bronson basically explodes at them that they (the farmers) are braver than anyone to try to run farm and protect a family.

Yes, I know it is a remake of the Japanese movie "7 Samurai" (which I have also seen), but it is still a great western.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wOxuFrMP1E

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    JMag and SCHADENFREUDE like this.
  18. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

We watched Noble on Netflix the other day; it was pretty good. About Norwegian SFO in Afghanistan and the ramifications back home from their missions

SCHADENFREUDE likes this.
  19. drumgod

drumgod

Doctor Sleep (2019) 7/10

Sequel to The Shining. Dragged a bit in the middle but has some decent looking women to look at until it picks back up. A few things didn't seem to jive between the original story and this one but that's probably just me not remembering things accurately. lol. Not as good as the original, but overall I liked it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, there's a LOT of CGI in this one.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    nrajeff likes this.
  20. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

The Last Full Measure This movie tells the story of Airman William H. Pitsenbarger, Jr. and struggle it took the men whose lives he helped save to get him the MOH he deserved 30 years after the fact. If you like true stories about selfless bravery, watch it. It is a moving story that needed to be told. 8/10 for the movie. 12/10 for the story

Barry581 and pike bishop like this.