Rat Poison Found In Pet Foods

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by NITE SITE 53, Mar 23, 2007.

1. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

Since this has made national headlines Im sure that most of us know about the tainted pet food that has been pulled off the shelves in grocery and pet supply stores. It has been determined that rat poison found in the food has been the cause of pets deaths. So far there has been one lawsuit filed against the maker of the different brands of foods. It has not yet been determined that the poison was added on purpose or not. My heart goes out to those who have lost a beloved pet or have sick pets due to this.:crying: :crying:

2. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

Our oldest dog lives with my daughter right now. They were feeding him the tainted dog food. She did NOT know about the recall until I called her. Of course, she stopped immediately. She had heard about tainted dog food, but didn't realize it was HIS food!

He's doing fine! But it would have broken my heart if he met his death because of THAT!!!!

I love him so much! He's an awsome dog!

:crying:

:hearts: :hugs:

3. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

The contaminated stuff was Wheat Gluten, what if that stuff gets into the people food processing centers?

:shocked: :sad: :rant: :puking: :soap:

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

With much protest, our cats have been eating chicken, liver and rice, hot dogs and whatever the humans have been having this week. When I heard the news, we stopped ALL cat food. As luck would have it, they finished a bag of dry the morning I heard the news so I refused to give them the next bag until I knew they would be ok. They also had all treats cut out too because that was a fresh jar. I am super paranoid, I know, but I love my furballs.

Thankfully, I deemed the cheese safe for them or they would have starved this week! :rofl:

I know it was wet foods but I wanted to make sure it was *only* going to be wet foods (which they only get as a rare treat).

A friend had problems with all of her cats. Soon as they ate, they would puke so thankfully, it appears they didn't have time to get poisoned too bad, well, at least bad enough to cause lasting harm.

I am still pretty damn pissed about our WalMart during this. They REFUSED to pull food off the shelves. They said to customers "any food that is affected will come up when it is scanned" :shocked:

5. nightwolf1974

nightwolf1974

have you ever stopped to think about this? this could be an act of terrorism. people around the world know that americans love their pets, so they might be targets of terrorism now.

i love animals, and hope no more suffer the fates of the ones already lost.