close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Rare" Glock 26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SNETH, Jul 24, 2004.

1. SNETH

SNETH

At a recent gun show the fellow running a Glock accessories booth told me my G26 was worth quite a bit more than normal because the front of the grip was smooth. He said the 26s were made that way for one year only and made the gun a "collectors item". You all know if there is any truth to that or he is just blowing smoke? Thanks for any help.

2. Guest

First generation if IIRC. They are, from what ive heard, worth a little more than second and third generations Glocks. Nothing special about them, they do they same as all the others, but the smooth grip does make them a little rarer.

3. SNETH

SNETH

HMC_44mag - Thank you for the reply and help. I'm sorry I don't know what "IIRC" means. Thanks

4. Guest

If I Remember Correctly. ;)

5. ambassador

ambassador

As far as I can tell you simply have a 1st generation G26, nothing special. For a collector he may pay slightly more than ordinary for such a pistol because it is old, but for any other Joe the newer the more valuable. Thus 2nd and 3rd generation guns in the same caliber and condition would usually fetch more.

6. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I have "B" serial # Glocks 26/27 (BTN/BPL) and I prefer the smooth grip.

7. DocH

DocH Man of Sorrows

Not so rare. My G26 that I've had 8 years does not have the checkering between the finger grooves, I like it better that way,more comfortable to me.
    Don't know about increased value,but this one's not going anywhere,either way

8. Guest

BTW I dont think ive ever seen a first generation Glock of any model, not even a 17.

9. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I owned an original pebble-grip G17 many moons ago; wish I still had it. Here's a pic I Googled-up from the web (not my old G17) that includes the original box with storage spaces for 17 individual rounds of ammo (I think the box is harder to find than the weapon, because many owners didn't keep the boxes):