Glock Talk banner

Rare Beretta Steel I bringing big money...

1650 Views 19 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Morgo
I guess these hardly ever pop up any longer. Despite being in the much less desired caliber (the 9mm version always brought much more), this 40S&W Steel I has bids well north of $3000 with a BIN of $3800. What's amazing is that its not even the SAO version of the gun. Its the DA/SA, which didn't used to command as much money on the used market.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=493789832

I bought a SAO 40S&W Steel I back in 2009 for $1100 unfired in the case. Its amazing how much they have appreciated in a relatively short time. They are very well built pistols and certainly a great piece for a Beretta fanatic. :cool:
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
4,344 Posts
Being that it can still be carried cocked and locked wouldn't make a difference to me, but as a collector I could see the SAO version obtaining more. That does seem like a lot for a .40, but that's just me not caring for the caliber.

· Registered
3,746 Posts
There was some discussion about this one on another forum, I'd be very weary of it. Its been relisted with a different BIN several times.

Plus the finish looks different, polished maybe?, for a Steel I and at one point the seller was using one of my Beretta pictures in the listing.

I picked mine up a few years ago now for around $1700 AU which was a steal, its a 92fs Steel I so 9mm and SAO, one of my favourite handguns and definitely one of the nicest Berettas :)

· Registered
131,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was some discussion about this one on another forum, I'd be very weary of it. Its been relisted with a different BIN several times.

Plus the finish looks different, polished maybe?, for a Steel I and at one point the seller was using one of my Beretta pictures in the listing.

I picked mine up a few years ago now for around $1700 AU which was a steal, its a 92fs Steel I so 9mm and SAO, one of my favourite handguns and definitely one of the nicest Berettas :)
Yeah, the finish does look a little funny, Morgo. It's definitely more polished than mine is. Of course, maybe Beretta switched things up during the production run. I'm not sure. Bids are pretty close to the BIN, so obviously people are ok with it.

· Registered
3,746 Posts
Yeah, the finish does look a little funny, Morgo. It's definitely more polished than mine is. Of course, maybe Beretta switched things up during the production run. I'm not sure. Bids are pretty close to the BIN, so obviously people are ok with it.
See how it goes I guess, I'd be weary though.

· Banned
8,024 Posts
The finish looks like sand/soda blasted SS. I missed the boat with those steel frame Beretta's unfortunately. No way I'd pay $3K for this pistol. I would'nt want to shoot it. I have rare S&W's that I bought new and shot but don't shoot. Sad to say any imprefections on them are from tapping other pistols in the safe and I use rubber coated pistol racks. I should have bought more steel frame (low capacity) pistols and revolvers new when I could have but I was all about capacity to weight to FPE x whatever the capacity. Now I carry cheap polymer single stacks and don't get out to enjoy my nice handguns as much. It's pretty weak really.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.