close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Raptor 700R question

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by urbanjunglist, Nov 16, 2006.

1. urbanjunglist

urbanjunglist

Does anyone know where I can purchase a true dual exhuast for my raptor? Another question to anyone, who makes the best full exhaust system for it as well.

2. Birddog5150

Birddog5150

Try looney tuned exhaust..There website is lteracing.com

They make alot of duals for many bikes...

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The Raptor is an ATV. FMF makes several different types of exhaust for this vehicle.

This is the joint that I'd recommend to go and buy whatever you need from. Call and ask specifically for Mike and tell him that HT sent you. You'll get a better discount than the typical discount you're already getting for ordering online.
    http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/bodyparts-atv-exhaust-table.htm

4. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Some quad guys still call them "bikes". I am a former Raptor owner myslef (the 660 one though).

I personally like the single exhausts and you can never go wrong with a full Yoshimura system (had one on my 660 and loved it, it made so much more power).

5. urbanjunglist

urbanjunglist

6. urbanjunglist

urbanjunglist

Heres another question for you, did you put it up on a dyno to see how much gains you where actually getting?

7. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

A buddy of mine (hard to admit) rides a 2006 Raptor 700 ATV. He claimed that the factory Yamaha racing GYTR exhaust was reported to be the "best", and that's what he bought. IIRC, his exhaust is a single can, not dual.

I've only ridden his Raptor after the upgrade, so I never got to feel any difference. I don't consider myself a good ATV rider, but I did have fun playing "Tokyo drift" on the trails. The compression braking from the engine was pretty intense... brake pads must last forever on those big block sport ATVs. It also had nice low-end torque, I could pet 'er in 3rd or 4th gear and have instant power coming out of the corners without needing the clutch.

Here's some Rap 700 mod stuff I scrounged:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389793

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387446

8. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I only dyned it after. It was getting around 40hp at the tires IIRC and just as much torque (the torque is what you really feel on the big bore sport quads). This was on an all stock 660 too mind you (other than my brtother jetted it and modded the airbox the way Yoshimura wanted).

As far as feel it made a HUGE difference. It made 1st almost worthless as you could stand it up without the clutch from a dead stop at idle (just hit the gas and up she comes) and it would do so pretty quickly. It made second feel like first did when stock. It would stand right up from a walking speed in second without the clutch and I liked doing all my wheelies in second or third as it was more controllable. I was even able to get fouth gear wheelies, but it required a little body english. Standing it up at about 30mph and riding it out was pretty fun.

That being said, my brother rode a 700 and said it stock feels like my 660 did with a pipe and jetted so you are starting out with what I ended up with (not to mention the new 700 has a much better chassis).

9. urbanjunglist

urbanjunglist

Has anybody or does anybody know of anyone using a alba exhaust system?

10. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Alba makes some decent stuff. Their race quads are sick especially their Pike's Peak quads.

11. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

After doing a ton of research I went with the CT Racing pipe on my 660 Raptor. While nowhere near cheap my Raptor now runs better than any other bike I've ever ridden that had a pipe/jetting. Gobs of clean power are now on tap all through the range. The kit I got included the pipe, intake/filter and the jetting.

http://www.ctracing.com/raptor_700.htm