Rant about Taurus Spectrum and Taurus Non-Responce

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Church Key, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bac1023

bac1023

I read some for free entertainment, sure. Just not all

mitchrapp likes this.
  2. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

And yet you've bought 6 of them. So this must mean that you DO consider Taurus as quality since you choose quality over quantity every time.

3. cciman

cciman

Blindfolds, and controls, are the best equalizers...thus blinded, controlled, studies are the most reliable, because both the observer and the subject do not know what they have experienced, thus the readings are not subjective to bias effect, nor placebo effect.

Placebo and bias are MAJOR elements in perception. If I put a cheap whiskey in a Woodford Reserve, limited small batch, bottle with a $200 price tag on it-- the drinker will more than likely drink more than one, even if he does not like it........because????

BTW, I own many Promags for diff guns, and they all seem to work just as well as the others for me shooting even steel case ammo--- but that's a diff topic-- another brand that gets beat up and bullied.

Deputydave likes this.
  4. cciman

cciman

If I put a blindfold on you, you would not be able to tell the diff between my PT1911, and my Colt with the Wilson parts in it. Just sayin.....

5. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah we were all young and dumb once. I owned enough to learn what they were all about.

I haven’t bought since since 2008-2009, over a decade ago.

6. bac1023

bac1023

:animlol:

Uh, I would very HIGHLY doubt that.

Either this is a joke, or you majorly screwed up that Colt dropping parts in it.

72Cheyenne and Southswede like this.
  7. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

Here is one thing I know.
    Every time someone ask about their broken Taurus, other who have had bad luck with Taurus tell the OP their thoughts.

Someone always comes along and calls all of those people "Taurus Bashers". Maybe there is a reason so many others have had problems. I know I spent 2 hours waiting on the phone, because of a PT709 that broke after I bought it. Even when it worked, it had the worst trigger I have ever seen. I feel comfortable telling people I know not to buy a PT709 because it is a POS.
    Does that make me a basher? I don't know or give a damn. I just think it's funny.
    If you like Taurus, keep buying them. I have owned several over the years and I do not recommend them to anyone I know. I would rather spend a little more and buy something "I think" is better.
    I also bought a Sig Mosquito. It was a horrific POS. My cousin bought one cheap and gave it to me, because he said it was a horrific POS. I tried everything to get it to shoot reliable and finally gave up. I took it to a gunsmith and he said, "Those guns are a POS."
    If someone ask me about their POS Sig Mosquito, I am going to tell them the truth. I gues I will be a Sig basher.

Carry on.

northslope66 likes this.
  8. cciman

cciman

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
    How do you come off being the authority?

9. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

I can bet you this much.
    With a blindfold on, I could have given you my PT709 and my old rusted calking gun.
    Pull both trigger and you could not tell the difference.

10. bac1023

bac1023

If you think the PT1911 is difficult to identify, you haven’t been around enough 1911’s.

I own quite a few 1911’s and I’m confident I can identify them all blindfolded.

By the way, why did you waste time hoping up your Colt with Wilson parts if it feels no different than an entry level Taurus? :headscratch:

J.R. Bob Dobbs likes this.
  11. Deputydave

Yes, you've mentioned this before. Okay, we all were really :)

So see, here is where the discussion breaks down. You've owned enough to learn what they were about, yet haven't owned one in over a decade. There in lies the issue. Taurus doesn't have the same management that it did over a decade ago. Yes, I know a few like to make fun of that point, well, because they have nothing relevant to add to the discussion. But it's true. Most of the product line has either changed or been updated as well. So you really don't know what Taurus is about. How could you? Unless you're relying on the dribble from other Taurus haters who likely don't actually know anything about Taurus in over a decade. Yet you authoritatively speak as to various products they offer as if you actually knew what you're talking about. Yet you don't because you really don't have any experience with them. And yet, those that DO have actual experience and post positively get dismissed out of hand by you and a few others. Why?

So I get that you like other people to know you have money. For some reason that makes you feel good. Okay, no problem. And I get that you like expensive guns. Okay, that's nice. Isn't relevant to the conversation, but it's nice I suppose. Others have expensive guns and can afford expensive guns but appreciate a solid gun at a good price as well. They don't see it as a mutually exclusive thing and don't seem to feel any need to look down on others for their choices in firearms. Which is kinda silly.

So it boils down to this in these types of threads; Some posters a Taurus-haters (which is fine and they can like or dislike as they wish) that don't actually have any firsthand experience to share and simply parrot old, outdated information or what they've read from other Taurus-haters. And then you have posters that actually own and/or have a LOT of experience with Taurus firearms (old and new) that post positively about them. And of course, like Glock and Sig and S&W and every other company, you have the occasional Taurus owner that has/had a problem and posts about it. But I generally see very positive comments from Taurus owners.

And they are the folks to listen to rather than the haters that really don't have any experience.

northslope66 likes this.
  12. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah it sure sounds like they have improved, Dave.

Your sorry ass blind loyalty to a second rate company is hilarious. I’ll give you that the G2 seems mostly good, but they still build a ton of junk.

Southswede likes this.
  13. G21FAN

G21FAN Loser Millennium Member

Spectrums tend to be junk. That said, I have two Taurus that has surprised me.

One is a 1990 PT-92 that has had over 10k rounds thru it, (BPLE, Ranger 127 +P+, WWB... and only recoil and magazine springs and a locking block replaced regular.

The other is a 1992 Model 66 (S&W M19 copy) that had Silvertips and federal 125 grn Magnums (I was young and thought they were fun...) The trigger is good and still in time and accurate.

Maybe I lucked out and snagged gems. I was moonlighting as armed security so I didn't know better..

northslope66 and Deputydave like this.
  14. Deputydave

Yes, they generally have. Which only benefits the consumer.

Why can't you simply have a civil discussion? It's like you start out okay and then feel the need to get nasty. There just isn't a need for this type of post on this board.

15. Southswede

Southswede

Your Colt must have some serious issues then. The two are not in the same league.

GlockFan7 likes this.
  16. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Mine is a G2, which is essentially a G2C that still has the Taurus lock. I don't carry it, but I do have a fair number of rounds through it. After 5 years, it's still rock solid.

Gray_Rider, China boy and Deputydave like this.
  17. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Oh wow. I bought a PT1911 as a project. It's a nice shooter now and good looking too, but still very loose. Blind fold me if you want but that sucker rattles like an old pickup truck. I could hear it from across the street.

18. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

My travels have me not too far from their new Georgia facility. I'd love to stop in some time, just to see if they ever listen to the feedback about their products. In my opinion, it would take very little effort to turn their junk into some fairly nice stuff, considering the price.

19. Pluto57

Pluto57

I don't know, you seem to keep pretty good track of everything else Dave has ever said, so it seems strange you would have missed his post in this thread where he mentions twice that he has or has owned at least 20 Taurus firearms. And just as an aside, I don't think owning 20 "junk" guns precludes one from owning a few quality guns.

Deputydave likes this.
  20. Pluto57

Pluto57

Another person who has owned several Taurus firearms and hates them. Why would one own several firearms from a manufacturer he doesn't think makes a quality product?

Deputydave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.