Rant about Taurus Spectrum and Taurus Non-Responce

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Church Key, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

You seem to be confused between bashing a gun and a critical discussion of a gun. Please allow me to enlighten you on the difference.

In the following examples, 'you' is a generic 'you' and not aimed at a specific member.

Bashing

This is where you've never owned or even shot the gun in question (or even held it in your hand). Yet you feel the need to enter every single thread on the gun and talk negatively about it over and over and over again. You readily dismiss all the positive comments as somehow unimportant even though those are almost always from actual owners. So, despite not knowing what you're talking about, you talk smack. While it does add to your post count, it doesn't add anything constructive to the thread.

Example: Several years ago I had a thread on the Taurus G2 (back then it was the PT111 G2 IIRC). I was soliciting discussion from those with experience i.e. actually owned the pistol. A certain member jumped in from the very first reply post with the normal Taurus-hate. This went on for page after page. For each person that actually owned the pistol and commented positively, this member had to reply with a Taurus-sucks post. After about 8 pages it came to light that this member never even held the pistol in his hand. Not even once. So like 8 pages of inexperienced nonsense, like he was afraid the Taurus owners might actually have a nice conversation about a pistol they liked. That is bashing. It is a waste of time and does nothing but clutter a thread.

Critical discussion

You have experience with the gun in question. Which means you own or have owned it or you have shot it extensively. You discuss both the pros and cons of the pistol based off that experience.

Example: Since you've mentioned the P365, I've discussed it's downfalls and it's positive points equally. There was a time, within the first year, that it had issues. Anyone denying that is simply being dishonest. Those issues were fixed...finally. Now it's a solid firearm. So I freely discussed the pistols issues despite Sig-loyalists getting upset about it. I've also discussed it's good points. Both equally and again, I own three of them none. That is frank, honest discussion based on actual experience.

Hope this helps you differentiated the difference in the future. Because there is a difference. Of course, a person has to be honest in their assessment.

garya1961 and Gray_Rider like this.
  2. mitchrapp

mitchrapp

Quote: "That is neither helpful nor productive and they'd be better off not even posting in the thread. Which makes you wonder why they do?"

You are working very hard to prove my point. "A" for effort. "A" for continuing to make my point valid. Thank you. :cheers::cheers:

3. J_Rico

J_Rico

Why? Why did you keep buying them if they are junk?

How many of them have you owned? Were they all junk?

Deputydave likes this.
  4. Deputydave

I think you meant to say 'thank you' for the correction. In which case, you're welcome, glad I could help. :cheers:

5. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Wow. Calling folks you don't know liars on the internet.... mighty brave of you.
    I've had a bunch, never had an issue. I guess that makes me a liar by default. :rolleyes:
    I know folks who have sent back some very expensive pistols for tweeking, you don't see them whining on the net. Partially because they are a bit embarassed, and, because the cool kids will come out and call them liars (not to their face of course). Even Ruger is going through a bit of a QC downturn. There are plenty of posts on the net of folks getting pistols that need attention. Heaven forbid anyone get on the net and say Rugers are junk. Taurus is, and has always been, an easy target for gun snobs, but most of the BS comes from folks who "read on the internet....."
    To the OP, sux that you have an issue, been there done that with other brands that eventially made it right (except Sig *gasp* but that's a long story). Keep on them, you'll get it right. Or, unload it. Your gun, your money, your time.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Gray_Rider and Deputydave like this.
  6. bac1023

bac1023

Young and dumb I guess.

No they weren’t all junk. Had great luck with three revolvers and a PT92, but there are countless reports of bad revolvers from Taurus.

Had a Millennium and 1911 that were absolutely horrible.

Ive also handled quite a few in stores that I couldn’t even imagine buying

7. 45caldan

45caldan

Wish I would have kept my early PT 92. Never an issue with it. Sold it to help the purchase of the real deal (Beretta) and realized I REALLY liked the PT 92 better!
    No interest in anything else from them and I have had others....no more. Not even their TX22 (I was for a minute but then....).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  8. Deputydave

Okay, but wasn't that you last year talking about getting a Taurus G2 and trying it out because of all the positive comments? Just to see for yourself? And you're not 'young and dumb' now I'm assuming? After all of your G2 bashing over the years (never having even held one in your hands) I actually started to get a measure of respect for you willing to try out the pistol finally. Though it doesn't look like it ever happened though.

9. J_Rico

J_Rico

Thanks.

10. mitchrapp

mitchrapp

No, I meant exactly what I said. You simply can't help yourself and providing entertainment.

11. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    Good to see Taurass has really turned it around in the QC department.

mitchrapp likes this.
  12. MD357

MD357

I replied ONCE in this thread LOL. Simply put, there is a whole subforum on taurusarmed that deals with their issues, CS, and that is more likely to provide solutions to his problem. I know these comments get under your skin for whatever reason, but I'm just relaying facts and providing a reference source for a solution, whereas you get extremely emotional about these guns for whatever reason and cast dispersions.

Here's the funny part though, you're too busy getting triggered to see that if people did what I relayed, you wouldn't have to come defend Taurus so often.

13. Deputydave

Since they are fixing a user-created screw up free of charge, I'd say they have.

14. MD357

MD357

"JuST aS GoOd!!"

AK_Stick likes this.
  15. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

You’re assuming that’s the cause. Which given a historical look at the lack of quality produced is most definitely not a sure bet.

16. Pluto57

Pluto57

I don't have a dog in this fight, not owning any Taurus firearms, but one does have to wonder why someone would have owned over 20 firearms from a company he feels produces poor quality products.

Deputydave likes this.
  17. Deputydave

I'm simply going by the OP's own comments. He kinked the spring by his own admission then complained about malfunctions. He also erroneously stated Taurus was going to charge him $50 for the return shipping when in fact it was/is free shipping. So they are going to correct a problem he cause free of charge. I think that is a more than fair deal.

garya1961 likes this.
  18. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

Meanwhile, I have 2K+ rounds through my G2C now and I still have no reason to call Taurus product support. This thing is awesome!

garya1961, Gray_Rider and Deputydave like this.
  19. Pluto57

Pluto57

You may want to go back to lurking.

mitchrapp likes this.
  20. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Still an assumption.

But let’s be honest. If a Taurass gun exploded and blinded the shooter, you’d be the first one here blaming him for not wearing glasses.

At the very least, you could be honest about it.

MD357 and mitchrapp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.