Rant about Taurus Spectrum and Taurus Non-Responce

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Church Key, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Well, let’s look at it realistically; by the OP’s own words, he screwed up his own gun. Then ranted about the gun not functioning despite the knowledge he screwed it up. Then erroneously ranted about Taurus charging $50 to ship when in fact it is free shipping. So it would seem Taurus is fixing a user created issue for free. Sounds reputable to me. Looking further into this thread, those by-and-large that actually own a Taurus are giving the thumbs up. And since actual users are reporting respectably high round counts on various models as well as reliability I don’t see the issue.

cciman likes this.
  2. bac1023

bac1023

The PT92 was a solid gun. Not nearly as smooth as the Beretta though.

3. Deputydave

Never "kinked" a spring in a Shield (or any other semi-auto for that matter), apparently it is difficult to do in a well designed pistol.[/QUOTE]

Never kinked a spring in any pistol, including all the Taurus pistols I’ve owned.

4. Deputydave

And not everyone has the same level of experience. Unfortunately, it doesn’t stop them from speaking on things they aren’t knowledgeable about.

5. bac1023

bac1023

I’ve owned many Taurus firearms, Dave, perhaps more than yourself.

DaleGribble likes this.
  6. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

Church, why don't you check with a Taurus forum?

7. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Ok.

Deputydave likes this.
  8. evlbruce

evlbruce

But the safety is where it should be.

Quijibo and Deputydave like this.
  9. bac1023

bac1023

So are my Berettas ;)

[​IMG]

slamdunc, 45caldan and evlbruce like this.
  10. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Still pleased with my G2C.

Granted my first and only Taurus, and my condolences and total understanding of those with bad luck with their purchases.

My G2C still has been a fine little gun for me. Has fed a variety of ammo and will I report with a separate thread if things change.

I am hoping things will work out for Patton and the OP.

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

Deputydave likes this.
  11. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

I love my g2c and would buy another in a second. With that said I probably wouldn’t buy any other model Taurus out there. Maybe the tx22 but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputydave likes this.
  12. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

I would tend to agree, at least till I see of they are going to take the quality control issues and turn around time seriously.

I too like the Spectrum, (not that I really need another mouse gun), but they do fit my hand well, and I like the look.

That said, my G2C has fit the bill perfectly for me, and has some nice little perks for a VERY reasonable price.

I took a chance with it after reading dozens of good reports about it and have not been disappointed.

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

Deputydave likes this.
  13. Fatalogptwgjdep

Fatalogptwgjdep

My experience with Taurus is pretty limited. I shot a few mags through a co-worker's 845. I really enjoyed shooting that particular firearm. But I started reading a lot of reviews on the G2 and it seemed Taurus got QC in order. A co-worker of mine bought one. We took it to the range and ran about 200 rounds of ammo through it without a hiccup. After I got my CCDW, I found my preferred carry gun was a bit too large to carry during the peak of summer when clothing options made it more difficult to conceal properly. The holsters I was trying didn't keep it close enough to my body. So I went out and looked at SCCY 9mm. I've heard mostly positive reviews about them, but it just felt cheap in my hand. I would not have felt comfortable with it. Then I decided to try out the Taurus 709. Seemed to be made of better materials and felt comfortable in my hand. Have only put about 400 rounds through it, but it has been flawless. Pocket carry with a Desantis Nemesis holster. It has some draw backs but it's been a solid performer. Those drawbacks, to me, are not in the quality of the product. Just a compromise I was willing to make to carry a smaller pistol. It's possible I wouldn't have had to make those compromises if I bought a 6-800 firearm. But that simply wasnt an option at the time.

Deputydave likes this.
  14. MD357

MD357

Yep, taurusarmed has it's own forum where you can address issues. Seems they felt it was needed since their CS and QC is a continuously discussed topic for their owners.

15. 45caldan

45caldan

16. Deputydave

The section for members to discuss issues on the Taurus forum is always brought up in threads like these as a negative towards Taurus. In fact, I think this is the second time MD has felt the need to say the same thing in this thread (read: agenda). It is actually a positive because it gives Taurus owners a voice in a specific area. I've often pointed out that it GT had a specific section for problems with Glocks it would also be filled up. Why, well simply put, despite the marketing mantra, Glocks have issues as well and if one perused the General GT'ing section for a few pages they would see threads about issues with Glock. Put all those threads in one spot, like the Taurus forum is honest enough to do, and you'd see a plethora of threads on Glock problems going back years. Same thing for any company on any board that had an 'issue' section. They would all be filled up.

So to feel the need to bring it up multiple times in a single thread is rather disingenuous imo. It is throwing rocks in a glass house.

Now to be clear, Taurus has had issues in the past. No debate on that. Some were random i.e. CQ lacking and some were systemic i.e. bad design. But anyone that is honest enough to admit it...the same thing can be said about any gun maker. If you've been into firearms for any length of time you know all makers have sparkling successes and dismal failures that are either discontinued or changed. So Taurus-hate is about as senseless as Glock-hate, Sig-hate and Smith-hate because they've all had problem pistols/revolvers over the years. Yet in all Taurus threads, both pro and con you'll see the same actors pushing the same comments. My favorite are the guys that slam a particular pistol over and over and over again, like they actually know what they're talking about, only to find out they've only looked at the pistol through the glass in the case at the gun store. And yet they dismiss the positive comments of the actual owners because their too busy parroting the negative comments. That is neither helpful nor productive and they'd be better off not even posting in the thread. Which makes you wonder why they do?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Gray_Rider, Terry G and Quijibo like this.
  17. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

I am sure there are plenty of folks who will tell us all how they have owned a dozen Taurus handguns, each with tens of thousands of rounds fired through them, and how they have never experienced a problem. Simply put... I believe those folks are liars.

Don't get me wrong. I will gladly sing the praises of a lower cost product that is just as good or better than a more expensive option. Need a cigarette lighter? Buy a Bic. It is a better overall product than a Zippo. Looking for cereal... Get the cheap stuff in the bag. It really is as good as the stuff in the box.

In the world of handguns however, Taurus is not a manufacturer whose products are as good, or better than the more costly brands. They just aren't. I have owned a few, and had problems with most. Thankfully, each of them was bought cheap, with the understanding that they were to tinker with and plink on the range with only.

Be glad you only spent what you did, and don't be fooled by the nonsense people spew about having never had issues with Taurus. If they were quality firearms, you would see them in the holsters of military and law enforcement, outside of their third world nation of manufacture.

18. mitchrapp

mitchrapp

I've been here for a couple of years now. I read a LOT and post a little. You just described yourself with your bashing of both the Sig Sauer P320 and P365. Now this simple truth is cause you to reply with little more than "yeah but" replies. But your up-coming response(s) will confirm what I post.

19. Deputydave

Yeah...no. See, I've never bashed either pistol. I have had critical discussion on each from firsthand knowledge i.e. I've owned both pistols and/or shot both pistols extensively/listened to the opinions of gun people I know personally that have/shoot both pistols. And I have also praised each pistol on various merits. Since I don't have an agenda and no brand loyalty I can do both. And again, I didn't just look at the pistol in a gun case and then make comments...I've actually owned/shot them. And in fact, I have three P365's. So I was critical of them when they were having issues and now that they seem to be issue free I trust them. As far as the P320, I've mentioned, more than a few times, all the things I like about the design. Odd that you don't seem to mention any of those times...

So, you're incorrect in both your statement and obsevations.

slamdunc likes this.
  20. mitchrapp

mitchrapp

Thank you for proving my point. I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.